Page Fifty-Nine; Waltz in the Night

The next night the boys were in the pokemon center getting ready for the Masquerain ball. Brooke had already gone ahead to meet Vol and get her outfit together. Charles' outfit was based on a Lugia. It featured shades of blue, and a long flowing cape. He was fixing his hair in the mirror while Logan, dressed in pink as a mew, helped Jordan fix his dialga jacket. 

"Vol sure knows her design, huh? These are great

"Vol sure knows her design, huh? These are great." Jordan commented as Logan finished his work and helped him slick his thick black hair up. "Agreed! I love this mew outfit so much! I may just try and beg her to see if I can keep it." Logan smiled. 

"So, Charles, I'm assuming you haven't told Brooke yet, huh?" Jordan asked as Logan finished his work on him. Charles looked away, shyly, knowing what Jordan was implying. "I don't know what you mean." 

"Come on, Charlie, don't act like we don't know." Logan smirked, putting some pink streaks in the white part of his hair. "It's obvious how you feel about her." Charlie sighed. "Okay so fine, maybe I like her a little bit..." He trailed off when the other boys gave him a deadpanned look. "Okay fine, I like her a lot." He corrected himself. "But it's obvious she doesn't feel the same way about me." 

"How do you know?" 

"Come on, we all saw the way she reacted to Prizrak. He practically had her swooning over him. There's no way I can compete with him." 

"Well, tonight would be a great time to tell her how you feel, Charlie. Just get her alone somewhere and be honest with her." 

"But what if she doesn't feel the same? Then I'll have made a fool of myself."