Chapter 39: Confirmation & Confession

Start from the beginning

Wait, what? He freaking smiled?!

I blushed with his sudden behavior. I couldn't believe it, the face he is making right now happens like once in a blue moon. Is this even Levi I am having a conversation with?

"I should be the one to say things like that to you, idiot. You've been acting weird and...damn calm lately. You seem to be overprotective when it comes to me, too."

"It is because I like you, (y/n). I want to protect you for as much as I can. How many times do I have to fucking remind you that?"

With that, I was automatically silenced. I didn't know what to say.

Suddenly, the memories of all the nasty things I did to him replayed in my mind. Somehow, I felt guilty for everything I did bad to him.

I never even realized how much he cared about me and to everyone else because of the way he shows it.

The truth is, there is so much more to this man. He isn't just some heartless bastard who kills if it benefits him.

Deep inside, he actually has human feelings most people are too blinded to see.

To be honest, even I thought that way before. I despised him more than anything since the first day we met.

But now...tables have turned. The more I knew about Levi, the more I understand how the way he is.

And...I liked him for that.

Hold on, the fuck did I just say?

"If you want to say something, just say it. I am willing to listen...I just don't want you to think that I am not being considerate with others' words." Levi spoke while I was in the middle of my thoughts.

Maybe I was being too sensitive for shutting him down before. He didn't deserve what I did to him back then, maybe I should've given him a chance he always wanted to earn.

Who am I to turn him down anyway? Levi is such a wonderful person.

"I like this side of yours, Shorty." I told him and placed my left hand on his thigh.

I felt embarrassment with my own actions when he startled a bit with what I did. I could even feel my hand sweating and shaking a bit because I didn't feel very comfortable with what I was doing.

Can I call myself a slut for doing this?

Surprisingly, Levi didn't remove my hand from his body part and instead, stared at it like it was some kind of a precious diamond.

I looked up at him and almost chuckled when I caught him clearing his throat, his body still not moving.

Shit. That was just a simple gesture and yet, the both of us reacted like it was some kind of a big deal.

"Tch, you should've said that before so I would've adjusted, you know?" He joked out of nowhere when he also felt the awkward atmosphere swarming between us.

I giggled at him. I am liking this side of his. The soft Levi is the best.

I never felt this guilty about him ever since we met. The funniest part is, I only realized all those at this very moment and place.

I am pathetic.

Okay, I made up my mind. I should fucking give him the chance he deserves...yeah, right. I am doing it.

"I'm...giving you the chance you wanted, Levi." I finally got the courage to tell him.

Wew, I really did that? This mouth of mine did that?! I want to kiss myself for being this courageous.

His eyes widened when he heard those from me.

But then, his surprised face slowly started disappearing.

Huh what's with the face? How moody can this guy be?

I frowned at him and stared at his eyes sincerely. Don't tell me he is not going to believe what I said?

"Fuck you. Don't joke with me."

I almost wanted to punch him for saying those sentences.

How dare him, did he know how hard it is for someone like me to spit out those lines and he'll only respond with a fucking offensive reply? I am depressed now.

"Fine, I don't care if you don't want to fucking accept it. I'm officially taking my words back!" I couldn't help looking apposite directions in frustration.

He is a real dick. He just said that he'll be ready to listen to me, but now, its turn out that my words fell on deaf ears. What a twist.

I immediately regretted what I did.

Suddenly, I felt a cold hand holding my left arm. Oh please Levi, you already changed my mind.

"Oi, look, I am sorry! I didn't expect you were serious about it...I thought you were only fooling around." His voice went so deep I might drown in to it.

"I was dead serious about it, asshole! You don't know how much bravery I fucking gathered just to say those!"

"I won't remove my hand on you until you forgive me."

Really, huh? What if I transform into a Titan now and stomp you flat, would that be enough to make you shut up?

"Sorry..." I heard his sincerest voice.

Fuck you too, Levi. How can you make me go weak and fall like a teenager? I can't take this, you're so weird.

Oh, right. We're both weird.

"Fine, but don't repeat that again."

In an instant, Levi's face brightened up as if the sun shone the most.

Who would've thought?

(Y/n), the girl who never even expected she would get along with someone like Levi, gave him a chance and now let him in her life.