Chapter 8: Fate's Surprise (Pt. II)

Your Point of View

I couldn't move. I know that I must act in order to keep my secret unharmed.

But I just couldn't. This is the same feeling I had to experience ten years ago. And now...

I'm feel like I'm a ice statue that would never melt no matter how high the temperature is. My body refuses to move, and my blood stops flowing. I know, it's like an exaggeration. But it is really how it feels. And I fucking hate it.

I promised myself before that I've become stronger. That no matter what happens, I'll fight. That no matter how high your position is, everyone will be treated equal and experience freedom.

And I will never be that girl who is a useless as a burden. I already abandoned that. I'm a strong, independent woman now.

But here I am, seeing all of those nasty things that happened to me. It's like a flashback.

No matter how hard I try, my eyes still won't leave that fucking store out of my sight. It's creepy, though. Everything feels creepy and stubborn.

"Oi, are you still yourself? Did you lose your shit?" Levi commented. I could feel his cold eyes on me.

It's like the world completely stopped. Am I traumatized or what? Man, get a grip!

"What the fuck's with that reaction?" Levi placed his hand on my right shoulder, making me startle.

But still, my eyes just won't fucking leave the damn store. What the hell?!
I'm pretty sure that Levi is already suspecting my actions.

I swallowed a lump and looked at him, trying to give my best poker face so that he won't suspect my moves anymore. I hope that this would work.

"Tch, finally. I thought you already left your soul." Levi rolled his eyes.

I tried to do everything I could to make myself calm. My whole body is literally shaking like shit. I could feel my sweat flowing from my forehead.

"I still haven't told you the reason why I brought you here." Levi reminded, making me remember the hell I'm here.

I didn't dare to respond. Who fucking knows, right? I might stutter, lost my shit, my voice might crack, ugh. Of course, I'm not letting that happen.

"I was not around this morning because four-eyes has to do a commitment. Petra and Oluo asked me if I could join them help apologize to Hanji, which I agreed. I did a mistake back there, though." Levi explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked. My attention finally drawed on something else, not on that shitty store.

"There was this expedition last week, for you not to be ignorant. You are considered as a member of our branch, so I decided to visit you on your training." Levi stopped. He's telling me something with his eyes...

Oh, so that's what he meant. I didn't expect an unexpected fight with Annie, though. Eren is all to be blamed because it was his idea, and not mine. Tch, why am I always the culprit in the end?

"It isn't my fault. I was just forced," I said, defensing my side. How dare him judge me.

"That won't work, you idiot. Everyone has known how obsessed you are when it comes to battle. It won't be surprising if you're really the one who offered that shit." Levi said.

Burn! He just had to remind me the time that I offered him to have a rematch with me. Checkmate.

Anyways, I am cornered now. Why, I couldn't just reveal to him that Annie is my fucking twin sister, and this is the place where it all happened.