Chapter 31: Mutual Feelings

Your Point of View

"Tell me...the hell am I doing in this room?" My face turned as blank as a wall.

I let out a poker face at her, making our conversation go serious.

"Uh-, well, as you may know, you've been in a coma for almost a week from today...and Levi is the one who watched you all day to ensure that you're safe and unharmed." Hanji muttered.

"What? I've been unconscious for almost a week long?!" I asked, unconvinced.

And aside from that fucking fact, Levi...He really did that?

If Hanji's words were actually true, then what happened to Levi and the others? Where is Eric, though?

"Yes." She replied, looking at me.

"I don't know all the details myself, but it is most likely that Levi is the one who guarded you most of the time you were unconscious." She added, turning her head to the shiny wooden floor.

I can't imagine that Levi really cared. Why does he have to do that?

Jeez, don't tell me that...

"But no, he isn't the one who changed your clothes. I did it for you." She once again grinned.

I blushed in embarrassment. Shit, how could she do such things for me?

"Uh-eh, thanks." I just murmured. This topic can't go any further.

"But Levi is the one who wrapped those cloths around you. He didn't trust me of handling those for him, even if in fact, I can do it more carefully than he can... I don't know what kind of charm you have, but Levi is more affectionate whenever you're around. I know him myself. If you were to ask me, this is the first time he have been acting diffrently. It's kind of creepy, but...Well, you two look cute together, anyway."

I just listened to her statements. I didn't bother replying. I knew she would tease even more if I act like I'm guilty.

Besides, I was only asking light questions...And she's answering it as if she's writing a ten thousand-word essay.

Well, it's Hanji who I am talking to, anyway. I shouldn't be surprised. When it comes to "Levi" topic, she would open and open different kinds of stuff about him or I, even if it's relevant or not.

"Remember when I told you about where he was and how he lived back in the Underground City? Maybe the reason why he acts like that towards you is because Erwin is right. You two experienced the same. That's why I even addressed you as Levi's girl version! Stoic, violent, hard to approach, badass-"

"Our topic is gradually changing into something unnecessary, aren't we? This isn't the right time to talk about it." I cut her off, before I could lose my temper once again. I knew it, she'll do some sort of shit once again. Not letting it penetrate.

"Oh, sorry! But anyway, is your arm doing great? Are you still hurt? I mean, physically?" She opened another topic.

Good, just go along with the flow.

"I am... fine now. No need to worry or babysit me." I secretly rolled my eyes, not letting her see how much I am irritated with her actions. Uh, why do I find her so annoying, despite her being sensitive and affectionate with me?

I just realized how rude I was.

"You said that Levi is the one who assisted me when I was in a coma, correct? Then what about the others? What happened to them? Especially Eric?"

Surprisingly, Hanji's cheerful expression quickly turned one-hundred eighty degrees.

I curiously stared at her seemingly sad face. What's with this reaction? Did that question suddenly ring a bell?