Chapter 23

It hurts but I know how to hide it

Joshua's P. O. V.

Finding out that Damien and Rox are expecting made me happy yet sad at the same time. I always thought that I would end up with children first but I guess not.

After everyone settled down, they started announcing who was fighting who for who then they all lined up in front of us and browed down for permission to fight. I gave them a slight nod and waited for Winter to do the same but she didn't move. Looking down at her I see she's zoned out.

I nudge her but she still doesn't say anything or move. She just stares off in the distance. "Luna?" Jack calls to her which takes her out of her trance and she looks up. "Their waiting for your blessing to fight" Damien says to her.

She then unwraps herself from me then scoots over a little from me which causes me to frown.

What's wrong with her?

I ask Cole, I feel that something is off with her but she's blocking me out.

I don't know, Storm wont talk to me either. She's blocking me out

He says back which shocks me. When Winter blocks us out of her mind, we can normally get through to her through storm but she's also blocking us out which is worrying us.

After the fights ended I told both party's that they did well then looked down to Winter for her to say something but she didn't so Killian and Sybil stepped in to say something.

Bending down in front of her I look in her eyes and I don't see anything at all. Just darkness. "Winter!?" I call to her which makes her snap out of her thoughts.

I then cup both her cheeks and look to her. "Flower what's wrong? I can feel that something is bothering you.

"Nothing" she says removing my hands from her face then standing to her feet.

"You all fought well tonight. You should be proud of yourselves. I sure am. Please enjoy the rest of your night" and with that she walks off. I try calling to her but she just keeps walking until she gets to her shop and walks in. I even try mind linking her but she cuts the link with me.

I start walking towards the building to check on her but was soon stopped by Quil. "Don't, let her be alone for a while. I've seen this in her after she got out the hospital. She stayed locked up in her room for days" he says standing in front of me.

"What's wrong with her. Everything was fine until Rox and Damien announced they we going to be parents"

"Among all the other talents she has, she can feel everyone's emotions and being that she is really close to you. She felt yours too and now she's questioning herself" he says now sitting next to me. "What do you mean questioning herself?" I ask frustratingly. He keeps going around the problem.

"What did you feel when Damien announced the good news?"

"I'm happy for them of course but I always thought it would be me to have kids first. You know me being the Alpha and all. I just thought it would be me" I say honestly and then something clicks. She felt how I felt and I bet she's thinking that something is wrong with her. We have sex a lot and yet she's not pregnant. She feels like something is wrong with her.

"I can see you've figured it out. When she was in the hospital, they ran tests and everything on her to see if he damaged any of her womanly parts but everything came back clean. Any deeper and he would have killed her but she moved just in time" he then sniffs the air and shakes his head. "She's smoking in her office. With music playing. For some reason when she blocks every one out. I am the one that can still get through. Go to her man. She's high by the way so, she's gana speak her mind freely. So ask her anything you want" he says getting up and heading over to India who's talking to her mother.

Getting up from my seat, I walk into the building and down to her office which is locked.

Since knocking on the door would be useless, I reached in my pocket at pulled out her keys then unlocked the door.

Soon as it opened I was welcomed with the smell of weed and a clouded room.

But being that I have really good eyesight, I could see Winter on the floor by her desk.

Walking over to her, I sit next to her then lay down like she is.

"I might not be able to give you pups" she says in a whisper but I heard her clearly.

"I think the Moon Goddess is punishing me for not knowing my true mate. I'm being punished for being to stupid to know who my real mate is. I feel that theirs something wrong with me, I've been feeling that since we first had sex. I never cared about having pups until you came along and now I might not be able to because that bastard stabbed me for just talking to another guy. I was just fucking talking to him. I wasn't fucking him" I didn't say anything, I just let her talk.

There's things she needs to get off her chest and I'm going to let her.

Rolling to my side I looked at her, "You love me?" I ask placing my hand on her stomach. She looks at me with tears in her eyes and she nods her head yes. "With all my heart" she says with tears falling down her face.

Wiping her tears away, I kiss her lips passionately. "Then there's nothing to worry about. Stop running from me when something is bothering you alright. We're in this together my love. Yes, I was a little sad that they're pregnant and we're not but all things come in good time. Now just might not be the time for us right now alright. Everything comes to those that wait. Plus, I talked to Quil and theirs nothing to worry about my beautiful flower. You are perfectly healthy, besides you being high as a kite, your healthy love" I say kissing her forehead.

"Why are you so good to me?" She mumbled looking me in the eyes. "Your my Flower. It's my job to take care of you and love you till the day I die" she gave me a weak smile which meant she was trying to believe me. "Let me show you" she cocked her head at me but gave me a slight nod.

Kissing her passionately I slowly take off her tights and her sweater so that she's just in a sports bra and underwear.

Let's just say, the next two hours was spent making love to my beautiful mate.

Theirs no way she's won't get pregnant now but that's not the goal. The goal is to make her feel good and that is what I do best.

*******************************************
Short chapter, sorry. The next one will be a time skip I think. Not sure yet but here you go. 🖤🖤