Chapter 7

I get up and hug them both." How was work?" I asked as they both sat down." It was good besides the long ass meetings that I had to sit through without falling asleep." Mom says and laughs, I giggle cause what she does is boring; she is an editor for the local news paper, she loves doing it." What about you dad? Had to fire anyone today?"

I ask, he smiles, happy that I'm showing interest in his work." No, which is a good thing so I don't have to keep hiring people." He says, I smile and say "Well good, no one deserves to be fired, unless they step out of bounds." He nods his head in agreement, he is a recruiter for his job but he also fires people if needed. Mom spoke "Enough about us, how was your day, Leslie?" I smile and said." It was good, Andy is back from vacation and he wants me to go over to his house in a little bit. I will have my phone on me I promise."

They both smiled and said."Okay, after dinner, use protection baby girl, we want you to go to college." I blush a little, and nod my head." I know y'all, I want to go to college myself." They are both proud of me and what I have accomplished with school, even though I had a rough start with it, I went through the woods and came out the other side." Where is Leo?" Dad asked, he came running down the stairs, his head has a knot forming on the side." Oh my god, Leo what happened?"

Mom asked shock and worry written across her face." I got into a fight but I'm okay, he got the worst of it though." They smiled cause of how proud they are for him standing up for himself."That is awesome bud." Dad said pride evident on his face messing his hair up." Come on lets eat, everyone." Mom says, walking into the kitchen. We follow her; she opens the oven door then says." This smells wonderful, I taught you well my dear."

Mom says smiling at us as she grabs a pot holder and grabs the pan out. We sat down, while we was eating Leo spoke up and asked." Mom, Dad, Lessy do you think if my crush is up for it, if we can all go bowling or something to get to know each other a little better outside of school" he then turns to me and says "you can also bring Andy, please?" We all shook our heads yes, out of pure excitement he got up and started doing his cute happy dance which consist of head movement, butt shake, and a spin. We all smile and laugh, he looked at us smiling and sitting down." I will ask him when I get a chance to."

He says and finishes his plate, getting up and putting his plate in the sink then hugs each one of us saying "Thank you." with each one then going to his room. Mom spoke up." So when did he tell you that he was gay?" I answered," This morning on our way to school, I knew something was off because I was playing our favorite song and he wasn't singing, I asked and he told me." She smiled then said " I knew he was when he was seven, he was trying on dresses, putting make up on, and was wearing heels when both of you was out, it was cute." I looked at her and said." Awe, that's cute may I please be excused?" Dad spoke and said "Yes you may." I smiled and set my plate in the sink, kissing both of them on the cheek then headed to my room.