Chapter 2

"Leo, what's the matter?" I ask him, he seems different today; not is normal different upset different." He looks at me and says "Oh nothing Lessy," sighing and turns toward the window "at least nothing for you to worry about." I slam on my breaks and pull over, turning off the car. I checked the time, 7:30 A.M. turning towards him, unbuckling him and pulling him into my lap, Leo is only ten but he is slim like dad, im curvy like mom." Leonard Crisstopher Glenn, talk to me."

I say to him, he closes his eyes and says "I'm gay and I told my best friend, José that I was and that I had a crush on him, he started bullying me" tears start falling from his eyes like water finally breaking from a dam "he calls me names, hits me. It hurts so much Lessy." I look at him with thoughtful eyes and hug him tightly, rubbing his back." Why haven't you already told me?" I asked him, he looks at me and says "Because I was scared to Lessy, scared that you wouldn't look at me the same, scared that you would pick on me." I look at him and say " Leo, I would never, I'm bi so you seriously thought that I would pick on you. No baby boy, I would never."

He nods his head and whispers "Okay, Lessy what should I do?" He looks at me for help and I tell him sitting him back in his sit. " The next time he pushes you down or whatever, do it back to him or if he swings grab his fist and twist it then make him say mercy if he doesn't, break it. He will leave you alone Leo if you do that." He looks at me and asks "What about mom and dad, when they find out?"

I answer him smiling "Tell the school to contact me instead mom and dad, okay?" He says smiling back with confidence "Okay, Lessy thank you." I smile and say." You're welcome, Leo." I start up the car and drive off to school.