-Unveiled Identity-

SIX MONTHS AFTER THAT FATEFUL NIGHT, SEVENTY MILES OUTSIDE OF MILWAUKEE....

I approached the shop, dreading the moment that I finally entered the immaculate glass sliding doors. My footsteps were quick as I tried to control my breathing. Remember, you're under disguise. Nobody will suspect anything.

Not many people are in the shop, just as I thought. Even these people are walking briskly between aisles and picking their items without too much thought, looking as if they want to hurry out of the door when they approached the receptions. Not a big surprise there, either. The shop's about to close for the night.

I stuck my hands in my jacket pocket, trying hard to look casual. I peered, with a fat lot of anxiety, from under the brim of my large hat. Though my disguise was that of an adolescent girl's, I should never let my guard down. Last time I did, I almost got myself murdered.

I picked out my items quick, and, going as fast as I could without running, I reached the receptions.

The receptionist was a young, tough looking girl. She scanned my items impassively as she quickly, but efficiently bagged my stuff.

"20.57 dollars, please." Her voice was soft, in contrast to her expression. Stoic, maybe even harsh. I shivered a little, thinking back of that night.

That one snowy, bloody, and fearful night.

I rummaged around for the money I stole last night, and when I found it, I passed the money to her and her calloused fingers picked it up gently. She handed me the bags.

"Have a good night, miss." Her voice was still cold and indifferent, but I thought.. there was a string of contempt? I frowned under my hat as I took the bags from her. For a second, our eyes connected as I looked up at her. Her eyes were a delicate grey color. Grey-ish blue. I couldn't help finding her a little familiar. Those grey-blue eyes... The same iciness to it... I've definitely seen these eyes somewhere.

I must have stared at her for too long, for she frowned at me in confusion and disapproval.

"Do you have any problems, Miss?" She asked coldly.

"N-No. Have a good night." I stammered a little, taken aback by the question. I adjusted the bags more comfortably on my arm before I practically ran out of the doors. My breathing was labored as I tried to slow down. My head was spinning. What the Hell just happened?

Maybe I'm seeing things, my mind tried to comfort me. There are a lot of faces out there and definitely more people that you had to kill. Any of these people might have those grey-blue eyes and the rich, coffee-colored hair. Calm yourself down, Adelina.

Honestly, I think the fuck not. Those eyes were too familiar to be those who I have killed, or those I have passed on my journey. They were too familiar to be. They just are.

But where have I seen those eyes?

My pace slowed as my mind revolved around the question. A gust of fierce wind blew past, lifting my brown strands and blowing them past my shoulders. I adjusted my hat and flung my hair in front of my shoulders as I quickened my pace again. I've got to get out of this town for as soon as possible. A homeless adolescent girl wandering around the streets is sure to rouse suspicion, and getting caught and questioned is the last thing I wanted to happen. And I couldn't exactly switch to my military uniform either. That'd be like committing suicide because then I'd be caught as soon as I showed up in the public. The Rebels are literally everywhere and they'd destroy any other members of my foundation as soon as they set their eyes on one.

I learnt about the bounty on my capture a while back, and trust me, these people sure gives a lot for a young girl. Maybe it's that I'm one of the few that escaped their grasp, besides Sammie and Andrew, and probably Max too.