-A Vivid Past-

Don't you remember...?

I'm floating. I'm back to the suspending island again, on the dock. My eyes traveled over the familiar castle and the military base outside of it, taking notice in the hustling crowd exiting the building hastily. What's going on?

A few people were standing on the dock with me. They seemed so calm.

I frowned as I took a step closer. That's when I saw the gleaming knife at a young boy's throat.

I recognized that young boy in an instant. An acrobat. The one named Katrian.

A girl, who was kneeling on the ground, glanced at the boy. Her gaze full of shame and sorrow.

The girl I recognize too. A traitor. Wasn't my fault that she accidentally leaked out her name along with her identity. I frowned as Rosemary muttered something as her shoulders slumped.

I watched as the hand clutching the knife slowly removed itself from Katrian's head and pointed it at the girl. The guards held him tightly as Rosemary was helped to her feet, with the knife still pointed at her.

Suddenly, the young boy lashed out at the guards as he broke free. I let out a gasp that nobody seemed to hear.

I sprinted over to Katrian, reaching for his shoulders to stop him.

I stopped my movements abruptly. I stared at my ghostly white flesh, which had just penetrated the boy's shoulders easily.

A tear came down from my eyes as I watched the battle helplessly.

..... Maybe it was the better fate for them.

.....Maybe it's just that I was too late.

I watched as they both were wrestled and restrained. I turned away from them as I covered my ears, but that did not prevent the piecing scream that rang through the air, her soul no longer trapped in her that instant as it tore to the sky, freed but to only be restrained in the empty void where she intended to go.