Chapter 29

Bitch, where you been? I bet you're asking. Same, baby, same. But, I'm back and I'm not gonna lie this chapter seems petty and stupid, but try to fill in the lines. All the hidden questions behind everyone's actions. 

This damn horse is psychopathic. I'm a pretty good horse rider and good enough so that I can identify a rogue horse. And this thing just so happens to have one too many mean bones in his massive body.

"David!" I heard someone shout as this beast began powering it in the other direction of the group. My only options were to hold on for dear life or tuck and roll off of this particularly horrible ride and with my luck, the horse would just detour to come and trample me to death. "David, come back here!"

I roll my eyes at the person's stupid. Because I wanted to be clinging to a furry monster with scary stamina for my life. It's one of my favorite pass times.

Eventually, the field starts running out of grass and I open my eyes to see a wide stream coming up. Holy crap, this bitch is trying to drown me.

I hear Anna's distinct voice exclaiming, "Oh my god, he's gonna-" and seconds later, I'm flying headfirst into the water.

The stream starts flowing around me, in and out of my ears and mouth, stinging my eyes. I hear a groan of disdain before feeling someone lift me up out of the water. 

Interestingly, it's Anna's father. But, the person who should be getting me out of here, or better yet stopped it before it got this far is only just now getting off his fucking high horse. Literally. 

"Dear god, David! Are you okay?" I hear gramp ask me as he guides me out of the stream on my wobbly feet.

While Grandpa and Mr. Miller fret over me, I watch Clarabell whisper something into Anna's ear and she blushes before repeating it to Jem who puts his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. I don't know why, but it infuriates me. Who the hell does he think he is laughing at my humiliation like that? With Anna no less?

Suddenly, I really can't stand to be around anyone and subtly slip out of Gramp's grasp. "I think I'm gonna go in to clean up." My teeth begin chattering with the chill of the water/wind combination going on.

"Oh, let me come with you," I hear Anna offer. It's sincere, but after her whole stint with Jeremiah, everything she does looks shady as fuck.

"No, I think I can find my way inside. But, thanks." Not really, I think. But, I start making my way to the house. 

As I walk away, I hear Anna basically order Jere into coming with me. Since when does someone need to command another person to check on their boyfriend. I try to tell myself that it's all because he's trying to play up the whole forced acquaintance thing, but he's too good at it for my comfort. I think back to how he chased after me the night before and dealt with my tantrum. Then a thought passes in my head. That was before we had sex. Now that we had, he's probably dropping the whole 'I care about you' act.

Eventually, I hear Miah cave and start jogging after me. But, I honestly wanted to see him less than Anna. Hell, I rather go through this with Clarabell. I hear him call out for me, but I don't stop and wait for him. No, fuck him. 

Fuck him.