Chapter 21

This chapter will go from cute to ugly by the end, okay. Just so you know. The REAL drama begins! Enjoy! Kissy face from SameLove1234

I look into the mirror and let out a shaky breath. From downstairs, I can hear the start up of the party and the only thing stopping me from going downstairs is that Jere will be there. I bite on my lower lip, still red and pouty from the kiss. That again, the kiss. The blow job. The note from earlier. This boy comes with so many complications, and for some crazy reason, it makes me like him more. 

I tug once more on my blazer with the pink trim and my dorky pink bow tie and the the dark chinos. I look rather dashing, I think. Hopefully Jem agrees with me.

With one final look over, I adjust my bow tie and gray blazer. My butt looks really nice in these chinos Gran picked out, thank God. I leave my room and immediately the sound of the ball amplifies. Reluctantly, I tread down the staircase which I'm glad was cut off from all the guests by a grass wall that I have to shove pass.

My eyes meet a pink and white tornado when I step into the hall which now serves as the ball room. I skim my eyes over the crowd desperately seeking company as to not look like a major loner in a room full of socialites. But, I can't sight that familiar shell of blond hair anywhere. That's when...

"BOO!" I jump about six feet into the air before I turn around to give this little prankster a piece of my mind. Though, instead of a snot nosed ten year old or maybe even Jeremiah, I come face to face with someone a lot more feminine looking.

"Oh my god, you're mad! Don't be mad! You just look like the only other cool person here and I thought- never mind! I'm dumb and sorry. Are you okay? My names Anna," rambles the pretty brunette with a worried smile. I take in her long wavy brown hair, blue eyes, and heart shaped face and she immediately reminds me of Keily, the girl my brother is obsessed with.

"Um, no, it's fine. You just kind of took me by surprise is all," I remove my hand from over my heart, realizing how feminine it must look. "My name's Davey, by the way." Anna's face smooths out in relief and she readily sticks her out to shake. I accept it with a grin. 

"So what is someone like you doing here?" she asks. My eyes furrow in confusion. What does she mean by that? "I mean someone with a sense of style and no wrinkles." I let out a laugh.

"Oh, my granddad owns this place and my gran demanded me to come," I answer. Anna's blue eyes widen.

"So you're their grandson Davey. Well, you are really handsome. But, you don't...seem as..." 

"Gay," I finish. "Yeah, I'm not much of a rainbow waving unicorn riding twink like people'd like me to seem."

"A twink?" she says. "Like the candy?" I chuckle lightly.

"Yeah, sure." There's a pause.

"Wanna dance?" Anna proposes.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, in a totally not trynna come on to you sort of way. I just can't stand standing still." 

"Oh...okay. Sure," I say after glancing around to see if Jeremiah's decided to surface. Hesitantly, I extend my arm for her to take and lead her to the main floor in the midst of the small crowd of dancing couples. I formally place my hand on her hip and the other in her own soft hand. I feel the bump of a small rock hit my fingers and glance to our intertwined hands. "Nice ring."

Anna blushes and looks down bashfully. "Uh, yeah, I'm sort of engaged." I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Wow. But, you look so young."

"I am. But we've been together since middle school. Six years," she tells me.

"Longer than most marriages," I add.

"Just about. Matter of fact-" she starts but is interrupted by some guy in a penguin suit on stage.

"Now welcome up Glennville's sweetheart and my soon to be daughter in law, Anna Miller!" Anna's hands slip from mine and she gives me an apologetic smile before making her way up to the stage. 

I'm a little behind on what's going on until she says, "Hello, everybody. I'm Anna and I'm going to be singing a love song for you tonight." That's when she lifts the mic to her lips and begins to sing with this sweet country inspired voice that makes the atmosphere shift warmly. I'm not familiar with the song, but I'm pretty sure if Anna wasn't the one singing it, I'd hate it.

I let her voice drift over me and glide over to one of the circular tables and take a seat before taking notice of the car keys and hand bags signalling that a group is sitting here. But, before I can leave, the man from the stage stands in front of me with none other than Jeremiah under his arms. I smile, relieved. "Oh, hey, Jem. I thought you'd gone missing," I greet standing up. I move to hug him, but instead he grabs my hand into a handshake. The fuck?

"Hello, David. How are you?" he asks me formally. Jeremy's face is glistening with a sweaty shine and his cheeks are flushed giving him a nervous appearance.

"I'm fine, but are you okay?" I pry with a stormy expression.

"What?" he squeaks. "I mean, I'm great. Never better. Fantastic. Everything's perfect. Why'd you ask?"

"Because you're acting kinda weird and fidgety like you just hid a body or something," I comment bluntly.

"David, it's nothing," he hisses back.

"Is it, really, Jeremiah?" I step threateningly forward, but stop when the penguin guy rudely interrupts us with a cough.

"Um, Jem, you gonna introduce me to your friend?" the man says. I inwardly seethe at the word friend and my glare at Jeremiah only intensifies, daring him to correct him.

"Um, David...this," he breaks off. "This is my dad, Jeffrey. Dad, David." I double take at the man and attempt to make physical connections between the two. Same colored hair, same eyebrows, similar eyes, close height and stance. That's his father.

"How rude of me! Hello, Mr. Sulka. I'm Davey," I re-introduce myself.

"Oh, yes, I know you, David. It's your grandfather who owns this place," Mr. Sulka says.

"And my great aunt, too."

"Yup..." he drawls, totally making it awkward.

"Heh, yeah..." I say, tripling the awkwardness.

"Right," Jem adds, making me full on uncomfortable. 

But, greatfully, we are saved by the applaud of the hall as Anna sung out her last note, bowed, and dropped from the stage. With assurance in her step, she waltzes over and I thank her in my head. Mr. Sulka notices her too and beams, but I notice Jere's face go ashen. I look at him with concern when in the next second, a slim body slams on to him and it takes me nearly a full minute to realize it's Anna. Anna on Jeremiah. My man. Oh, hell no.

"Woah, there, Anna," Jem says, steadying the giggling girl. 

"Oh, this is my daughter in law, Anna," Mr. Sulka booms proudly. I nod with a strangled smile, angrily aware of how close Anna and Jere seem to be.

"And this is my fiance," Anna beams. 

I stand there dumbly as I study the dainty hand laying over Rem's chest with a nice sized shining diamond on the ring finger. 

Then I attach that hand to an arm. And that arm to Anna. And that chest to Jeremiah.

Anna's fiance is Jeremiah. Jeremiah is engaged to Anna. They are together. As in a couple. Jeremiah and Anna. Jeremiah...

I think I'm going to throw up.

SL winces, expecting you to punch me in face for this madness. So, I've actually been unsure as to whether I would make Anna his fiance or an ex, but I know I wanted her in there. She's played by none other than the beautiful Miley Cyrus, when she had long hair of course. So basically 2009 Miley. I'm thinkin' Bradley Cooper for Jeffrey aka Mr. Sulka. Tell me your thoughts and this chapter is specifically dedicated to THINWHITELINES who is the author of a fic I'm reading and loving. Check out their stuff and add this to your story while you're at it. Come on. You know you want to. DO IT! Bye!