⌜ thirty five ⌟

it's raining hard. lucky for jisung, he brought his umbrella with him

meanwhile, someone was cursing countless of times in his seat for being so stupid and leave his umbrella home. xiaojun did warn him about the day's weather but all chenle did was nod and continue to eat until they could finally leave for class since xiaojun was in a hurry and didn't want to get late.

hey, i finally got the chance to talk to yangyang.❞  xiaojun greeted the younger chinese as he went to meet him by the lockers.

taking a book out and placing the used one inside, chenle gave xiaojun a smile. ❝that's great!

but it seems like xiaojun isn't that all happy about it, causing for that smile on chenle's face to fade away and got replaced by a worried frown.

is there something wrong?

i don't think he'll be coming back to me though.❞ the older said as he leaned his back on the locker next to chenle's. ❝i saw him with hendery a while ago and they were holding hands.

oh.

i used to be the one who holds that hand very tight.❞ xiaojun then recalled the moments he'd get over protective and possessive over yangyang and would hold him so tight and never let go of him. ❝now, it's hendery.

ge

it's fine!❞ xiaojun glanced up to the younger and gave him his brightest smile, a forced one that chenle could obviously see it. ❝what's important is that i get to apologize to him, right?

but what about the relationship they've been having for years? what about the memories they made together? is xiaojun just going to let go of it just like that?

i'm sorry i can't take you home today. i'll be meeting up with him later.❞ xiaojun's eyes then went to the window that's by the end of the hallways and a frown made its way to his lips as he saw the clouds getting darker and rain pouring down very hard. ❝do you have an umbrella with you? it's raining hard.

umbrella?

fuck. chenle mentally groaned and slapped his forehead for being so stupid. xiaojun did remind him this morning about the weather this day but he shrugged it off and left his umbrella at home. he thought he was going to survive the day without it. he thought wrong.

y-yeah! of course, you told me to bring one.❞ chenle said with a smile on his face, trying not to be obvious about his lie.