Chapter 69: The Goddess' Request II. A scolded maid. After needles, some fluff.

Start from the beginning

Things that sounded like less nonsense to those who were initiated in the craft of forging and handling metals.

Things that sounded like an itch to those much more experienced.

Aye, it felt like that itch that one can't scratch, like a word that is on the tip of the tongue, one that I couldn't remember until I did, and everything was clear after that.

Nay, it was even better than that.

I was even able to see our destination.

With that, metal kept being fused with more metal until their proportions and their most compatible partners were found.

Then we prepared the crystal cores that would let enchantments and magic in general be used more efficiently with the weapons.

Next, I opened with the deepest care the bag that contained what Miss Nerinne gave to me, a lock of her hair, and I made sure to just take and use a single strand of it per weapon.

I even fashioned a set of gauntlets for this task alone, for I could not let my hands touch it directly and risk harming it.

Even if that was but impossible, I decided to take as many precautions as possible with it.

After all, it was a material that no one else had handled except in legends...if those are true.

And now I know they were...

Even if using it was as simple as just dropping it into the molten metal that would be poured into the mold where the crystal core rested.

Molten metal that obtained a faint blue glow after Miss Nerinne's hair was mixed with it.

That was her way to impart her blessing to the weapons soon to be born.

It would also make said weapons grow with their users, just like the blessed weapons of the Knights of legend.

But to bring such weapons into reality, there was another step I needed to follow while I gave them shape with my hammer, and that was to think of the one who would become each weapon's wielder.

I needed to visualize them as best as I could, their personalities, their ideals, their essence, and then I needed to pour all of that into the metal.

As I did that, I sometimes overheard Josie and Patricia say that the metal seemed to move on its own.

Like the weapons were helping me in giving'em their best form, moving past the basic shape the mold had given them and making themselves as unique as their wielders.

I say aye to all that.

I felt it too.

The weapons' pulse...it was almost like they were alive...

Nay...perhaps...perhaps they are...

Still, even if it was a hard process, it also was beautiful, even moving with the warmth they gave off, and thanks to all of it I was able to finally understand the origin of what Pops and others call 'the weapon's voice'.

Even more so, I felt like I was in the middle of a concert given the sheer diversity of the weapons we had to make, each with their own tones and quirks.

After all, not everyone used a sword.

And I can safely say that everything has been going well this couple of days, most of the weapons have been finished and they have turned out to look as if they were the stuff of legends.

At least, that is what the child inside of my heart told me every time.

And every time I would tear up too, because it felt like I had reached that place...a place where I was now a part of those legends that I love so much...