I Can't Do It Alone.

Start from the beginning

"Hello, everybody." He started, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Blair meant so much to us, he was our little boy, our miracle, the light at the end of our tunnel." He looked down into my eyes. "I know that this is killing you inside, Izzy, but all these people are here to support us." He gestured to the pews. "And I'd do anything to make you happy again. Blair didn't deserve what he went through, and if I could go back and stop it, believe me I would. But right now we need to live his life for him, that's the least he deserves." 

I bit my lip, feeling the tears surfacing in my eyes again. Resting my head on Damien's shoulder, I took a couple of breathes, trying to sort out my thoughts before I spoke. 

"I'm so glad you all came today, it means so much to me that my little boy will be remembered, by so many people. I know I never really saw him properly, or held him in my arms, but he's still a part of me, and when he left us, he took a part of me with him. I know I'll never get that back, but hopefully I can learn to live with it, and get on my with my life. That's what Blair would've wanted." I finished, turning away from the crowd in front of me, I faced my son's coffin. "I love you, Baby." I kissed my fingertips, and ran them over the smooth oak of the coffin.

"You okay?" Damien whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist against. 

"Yeah." I choked out. 

"Come on." He replied, guiding us away from the coffin. 

"If you'd like to follow me outside, we will be burying the coffin." The priest announced softly to everyone. One by one, the mourners gathered in the pews filed out of the church. Damien and I were the last two to leave, making our way slowly over to Blair's patch of land. 

"Damien, I can't do this." I whispered, eyeing the tiny hole our little boy would be in in just a few short minutes. 

"Yes you can, you have to, for Blair." He replied. 

"I can't Day, I can't let him go." I choked, the tears spilling over my lids. 

"Izzy, listen to me, it's okay, he's not going anywhere." He soothed, wrapping his arms around me. 

"He is though, Damien! He's gone! And it's all my fault!" I screamed. 

"Izzy, it's okay!" 

"Stop saying that! I killed him, Day! I killed my own son, our son!" I clutched clumps of my hair in my hands, slumping down to the floor. 

"No you didn't, Izzy." He sighed, kneeling down beside me. 

"I killed him." I whispered, rocking slightly back and forth. 

"Izzy, look at me." He whispered, gently taking my chin in his hand. 

"I'm so sorry Damien." I cried, sniffling. 

"Shut up." He snapped. "You didn't kill him, it wasn't your fault, okay?" I nodded numbly. "Now I need to come and say goodbye."