CH. XVIII

⋆ ☄︎. · ̊ * 🔭
chapter eighteen

 · ̊ * 🔭chapter eighteen

After all of us eat together, I head to the cafe to work

I hope I don't see Seojun today because it would be really hard to resist not to break all of his damn bones.

Opening the door of the small cafe, I head behind the counter and put my apron on.

"Ahri?" Jaehyun calls out.

Quickly turning around, I tilt my head to the side, motioning for him to continue. "Why are you always late?"

Gulping hard, I debate what to answer. I knew that he would ask this, it was just a matter of time.

It's normal that my co-worker asks me why I'm always late, it's his job.

"I, um," I clear my throat while staring down at the floor, "I had some problems with my family."

The biggest reason why I would end up in hell is because of all the lies I tell.

"Oh my god," his eyes sadden, "I'm sorry for asking, I didn't mean to—"

I cut him off quickly, my eyes widening as I realize that it was a bad lie to tell. I should've said something different because if he finds out, he will be really mad.

And the truth of all lies come out one day.

"No!" I unintentionally raise my voice, "it's fine really, let's just work."

He nods his head slowly but a small smile paints his face after some time. "I really admire you for working, going to school, and dealing with problems," he states sincerely, his dimples poking into his perfectly sculpted face.

My lips turn downwards. I hate lying to people. I'm not even good at it.

I'm sorry, Jaehyun, really.