I pull out my phone shortly after he leaves.

Rydel: Hey, we're on our way. Probably be there in 10. We'll meet you at the entrance that we can go through!

I send back: Perfect. See you soon!!

I walk over near the entrance and sit down on a bench. I figure I'll just scroll through social media until they get here since I have nothing else to do.

My phone vibrates and I assume it's Rydel. Nope.

Ross: everyone I'm near are losers. Please kill me now, they're talking about Pokémon I think??

I roll my eyes.

Hayley: be nice!! Talk to them if you're sitting near them. It'll help time pass x

Ross sent me back an eye rolling gif.

"Hey, do you know where the entrance is for graduates?" A guy asks me, standing directly in front of me asks, taking me by total surprise.

I nod and stand up. "Yeah, it's right around this bend. You'll see a handful of professors running a check-in table."

He sticks his hand out. "I'm Tyler. Are you graduating today too?"

I shake his hand. "I'm Hayley. No, I'm not. My boyfriend is."

He nods. "Do you go to school with us?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm going to be a senior," I smile.

Tyler's attractive. He's thin with his sleeves rolled up to expose his tattoos. He has a small lip piercing with dark brown hair and bright green eyes.

He smirks. "What are you studying?"

"Psychology. What'd you graduate with?" I question.

"Psychology. Small world, huh?" He laughs. "Well I should probably go check in. If you ever need help with psych classes, here's my number." He rips part of a paper and writes down his number, handing it over to me.

The paper in his hand had instructions on where to go while inside the venue indicating he has already checked in.

"Thank you. Congratulations," I smile and turn my attention to my phone to see Rydel calling. "Excuse me."

I walk away from him, shoving the paper in my purse. "Hey! We just parked. Do you know where the entrance is?" Rydel asks.

"Yes, I'm waiting outside of it!"

"Perfect. Be there in a minute," she replies then hangs up.

I open my messages.

Ross: (1) Did you know in Japan, they call Pokémon "pocket monsters" ??
(2) they're actually really nice. But I still wanna talk to you
(3) why are you not answering meeee. I'm bored

I roll my eyes at his neediness. I text back.

Hayley: hi, sorry. I was helping someone find the entrance. Meeting up with your family now. Are you all just standing in the back waiting?

I look at the parking lot to see if I can spot the Lynch's. As I see them approaching, I collect myself and walk to meet them halfway.