4

The two pulled up to a cafe on the corner of a street, Jackson confidently exiting the car with Jinyoung behind him.

"It's just a small cafe I like coming too." Jackson stated as he glanced back at Jinyoung before going in.

Jinyoung nodded, taking a good look at the place. From the outside it was a small, brick-made structure with a colorful painted sign above the door welcoming customers. There wasn't much to think of it, though it did at least look comfortable to sit and hang out for a while. "That's nice. It seems to have a warm and inviting vibe to it."

"That's why I like coming here. Come on." Jackson said, directing Jinyoung to the entrance.

They walk into the cafe, finding an isolated table for two to claim as theirs before walking up to the front register and ordering something. Jinyoung just got a usual cup of coffee and a few soft cookies to snack on, awkwardly trying to figure out what type of conversation to make with this guy he just met.

He ended up not needing to though, since Jackson was quite the talker himself, him being the one to spark up a conversation. "So, Jinyoung. Do you always collapse from an asthma attack on the way to school?"

Jinyoung chuckled, setting down the cookie he'd just taken a bite of. "No, I don't. Not usually, I'm often more careful and aware than I was today. That guy was smoking and those fumes are like, my kryptonite. Plus I was running on top of that, which already makes it harder to breathe. The combination of all that just took me out."

"Good thing I was there then. I mean, I know you didn't need me to be there, but when I think about it, you couldn't have gotten to school on time or anything if I hadn't been there. Though I'm sure you could've found a way even if I wasn't there..." Jackson trailed off, seeming like he wanted a bit of acknowledgment for helping Jinyoung out, yet at the same time he didn't want to overstep his boundaries.

So he was an attention seeker, noted. The least Jinyoung could do was thank Jackson again. At least he actually tried to help rather than just stand on the side and watch Jinyoung gasp for air. He at least deserved that much.

"Jackson you were helpful, thank you. Don't worry about it." Jinyoung stated, watching Jackson's lips bloom into an adorably awkward smile. Definitely was an attention seeker, though Jinyoung couldn't be mad at how cute he was once he received the compliment he wanted.

"I'm just worried about saying the wrong thing..." Jackson stuttered, glancing up at Jinyoung who shook his head.

"No, I just... I just hate people thinking that I can't do anything for myself because of my asthma. It's not even that bad, honestly, some people have it way worse. I'm kinda lucky if you look at it." Jinyoung replied. It often occurred that people think he's incapable of handling some things because of his asthma, but Jinyoung had a drive for proving them wrong, and often wished for no help in certain situations.

Jackson seemed to relate to that too, his eyes full of understanding before he dropped his gaze. "Yeah, sorry..."

"Don't apologize, you didn't say anything wrong. Sometimes I just get sensitive about it, that's all." Jinyoung explained, feeling a bit bad for snapping at Jackson before.

Jackson nodded, looking back up at Jinyoung with a closed lipped smile. "So, I'll try not to talk about it then."

Jinyoung smiled in return, appreciating Jackson's consideration. "Thank you."

Jackson's eyes flashed down to Jinyoung's coffee cup, obviously searching for a different topic of conversation. "So... you ordered coffee? At 3 in the afternoon? Why do you need the energy boost?"