~Chapter 21~

••Brooke's POV••

"No! Why would he ever?!" I yelled as another police officer asked me questions about James. I was sitting on the edge of the bed holding my head in my hands. I refused to let the doctors do anything else until I heard from James. Why and how could they possibly think he would do anything to me?

"Mrs uhh..-"

"Maslow!" I spit out at the officer.

"Mrs. Maslow, I understand-"

"No! You obviously don't understand because James has never hurt me! He'll never hurt me!"

"We still have to take him in. Put him under the lie detector."

"You're wasting your time. You're wasting MY time!"

"I'm sorry, ma'am."

"No. I'm sorry you have to put up with yourself 24/7."

I got up and quickly walked from the room. They don't need a lie detector to see if James is lying. He isn't. There's nothing to lie about. I can't afford to waste anymore time away from him. Everyone knows that time is limited. So why waste it?

••James' POV••

"You're kidding, right?" I ask as an officer pushes me down into a chair.

"It's not right for a woman to be placed in the hospital so many times in a year." He replied.

"And so you just automatically assume it's me?"

"Don't push it, Maslow. Just sit down and shut up."

"You sit down and shut up." Her voice. That same sarcastic, sass master voice echoed through the halls until she stepped around the corner. Brooke.

"Let him go." She said, motioning me up. The officer pushed me back down as soon as I stood up.

"A lying detecting test is required. He says.

"James has never hurt me! I ended up in the hospital last night because..because I tried committing suicide. James has nothing to do-"

"Doesn't matter. We still have to take him in."

"Brooke, just let them do what they want. I'll get out of here faster if we don't argue."

"Fine. I'll wait at home." I replied nodding.

"No!" He said, jumping up and coming up to me. "I don't want you home by yourself."

"Everyone will be there. I'll be-"

"No. You're not going home without me."

"James, the guys will be there and I'm going to be-"

"No, Brooke. I don't want you going home and being by yourself. I want you with me!"

"Do you not trust me?"

"No, I don't! I can't lose you, Brooke!"

"You aren't!"

"How do I know you're not gonna try to kil-

"Because I'm not!"

"Can you both shut up?" The police officer demanded pinching the bridge of his nose. James turned, glaring at the officer. I softly grabbed his hand and he whipped back around to me.

"I want you here. I'm not putting you at risk with yourself." He said, quietly.

"I'm not going to-"

He placed his index finger on my lips and squeezed my hand tightly.

"Please. Don't fight me on this. Just stay here." He begged, placing his hand on my neck. I slowly nodded and placed my hand on his cheek.

"I love you." He whispered as he set our foreheads together.

"I love you too."

"And I would love to get this over with." The officer said, interrupting once again.

"Please wait out there." James whispered. I nodded and felt as he left a short, but passionate kiss on my lips. I silently walked out and sat down in the lobby...waiting.

*************************************

"What a joke! You're such a joke!" His dark figure shoved me to the wall, sending a pain that shot through my shoulder.

"Please, stop." I whimpered. He laughed and pushed me to the ground. He continued pulling me up by my hair and shoving me back down.

"Stop, Troy, please!" I begged as he continuously hit me. He pulled me up one last time and shoved me towards the stairs. He yanked my wrist to pull me closer.

"How stupid of you.." He whispered in my ear. Then I felt him shove me back and I tumbled down, down, down.

I shot awake when I heard the metal door behind me close. I turned and found James walking towards me. I shook my head from the dream and made my way to him. I wrapped my arms around him and felt his arms snake around my waist. I felt at home again.

"Everything okay?" He whispered against my ear, his arms still around me.

"Yeah." I whispered back against his neck. "I just wanted one of your hugs."

"Anytime, baby girl. Anytime."

•I apologize for not updating in seriously almost a month...I haven't written since then and I have the biggest writers block...School is really sucking that away from me. I'm constantly tired and I'm losing interest in a lot of things...I've kind of come to conclusion that I'll probably be ending this book around chapter 30 or so..I'll still be writing, I'm just ending this series. "Forbidden Love" will probably make its way back on here IF all my readers will stay with me..? So please comment and tell me if I should and I'll try to have the next chapter up sooner, but no promises. Again, I apologize. Hopefully you guys stuck around.. Ttyl.•