~Chapter 22~

Arriving home was the worst part of it all. Having to get adjusted, yet again, to everything happening.

"Mommy!" Gabriella shouted, running up to me with her little arms swinging.

I smiled and scooped her up in my arms when she reached me. I still wasn't used to being called mommy or having a child. James came in the door shortly after which made Gabriella regain her excitement and squirm over to him.

"Hey, sweet pea." He said picking her up and setting her on his shoulder.

Logan, Kendall, and Carlos stepped out from around the corner and filled us with hugs and warm gestures.

"You both are a pain in the ass." Logan snarled, jokingly.

"Hey language!" James argued, covering Gabriella's ears.

"Whoops sorry. Not used to you guys having a kid."

"We haven't HAD a kid yet." I whispered, rolling my eyes.

"Ooh la, la." Kendall chimed in raising his eyebrows up and down.

James came up and lightly slapped my butt and put on on his to-die-for smirk.

"If you're thinking I'm about to give you anything tonight, you're dead wrong." I laughed.

"Poo." He wined.

Gabriella had went and gotten lost in her "Little Einsteins" show before this conversation brewed up.

"Thanks for watching her." I said, hugging each of the guys.

"Anytime." Carlos smiled. "Have you contacted the girls yet."

"Not yet. Tell em when you can. I'll call them tomorrow."

The boys soon left which left me and James alone with our first child. I looked up at him hopefully.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

He chuckled, "When I figure it out, I'll tell ya."

*************************************

The following morning resulted to waking up with loud bangs on the wall. James and I sat up started as we climbed from bed still groggy with sleep. When we opened our door and crossed he hallway we found the boys cleaning up the spare room and the girls were painting the walls a cream color.

"What is this?" I asked, combing my hair back with my fingers.

"Gabriella needs a room, right? And you guys are working through some stuff." Angelina began. "So what kind of friends would we be if we didn't help?"

"Where is Gabby?" James asked curiously.

"Downstairs watching "Dora The Explore"." Logan announced happily.

James and I hurriedly changed into a more appropriate work clothing and went in to help with the room. What kind of friends would we be if we didn't at least help?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Is that where I'll sleep?" Gabriella asked, the evening we finally finished her room.

"Of course, sweetie." James said with a laugh.

"Yay! Can I go to bed now?"

"That is the first and last time those words will ever exit her mouth." I chuckled.

James and I both nodded. She let out a soft squeal and ran upstairs. I chuckled and began walking into the kitchen. James was hot on my heels. I went over to the cabinet and moved things around, looking for something to eat. As I was looking I felt james come up behind me and wrap his arms around my torso and plant a few kisses along my neck.

"Quit.." I flinched and smiled.

"I haven't been able to kiss you or touch you for weeks." He said, pouting.

"Listen..." I began nervously. "We need to talk about something."

"What? Is everything okay" James asked, letting go of me and backing away.

"I really, really want to have a baby. I know we have Gabriella, but I also want to physically have our own child too."

"We will. Why is that your concern?"

"Because how safe is it? Is Troy going to come back? Are the police going to come back and try to tell me that you're the one hurting me? I don't want to get pregnant and then have to raise two children by myself, or lose a baby because Troy came back."

"Troy isn't going to get ahold of you anymore. The police can't take me with no proof when I'm not that guy. We can't let those little things prevent us from having a baby, Brooke."

I nodded my head and tried to let the sinking feeling go away. Would everything really be okay? Is it actually possible to start a family and not have to worry about my old past colliding with my present one.

"Hey, listen." He began, "Friday we will have Gabriella go over and spend the night with Logan and Octavia. I will take you to a beautiful restaurant. I'll get that wine you love and light all those stupid candles you've bought over the years. It'll be a romantic, calm night. Okay?"

"Sounds amazing. My amazing concern is that you just used 'romantic' and 'calm' in the same sentence."

He laughed and shook his head at me.

"You know what I mean." He tilted my chin up to him and kissed me quickly.

I felt his smile melt against my own and it was like every problem in the world just disappeared. Ever since the first time he laid his lips with mine, they never did disappoint.

"Hey." He said against against my lips, "I think it's Friday."

•I had so many problems with this chapter-_- But it's up! Finally...I'm really sorry. I do know that this book will be ending pretty soon. And I also know that I'm kinda, really excited to put up my other two. I really hope you guys stick around to read em. I thank you guys a billion for giving me so many reads and votes. Till next time.(:•

(ps. My phone will finally let me put cover photos for the chapters if you didn't see! pps: that's Gabriella)