~Chapter 8~

"She reached for the sun, but the storm blocked her light. Now that same damn storm won't go away."

*****James' POV*****

After Brooke's phone call I had been more hopeful than ever. I knew she had escaped. Though she was lost; I knew she was safer than with whoever she was with. Today was Monday. A new week. A new mystery. My first project for today was to meet with Brooke's parents and discuss Brooke's disappearance. I threw on a pair of khaki pants and a button down shirt.

"I'm going to go meet up with Brian and Lilly. Keep me informed on Brooke." I told Ali as I stepped out the door. She waved goodbye as she held Emma, her daughter, in her arms and the phone between her ear and shoulder. I drove off down the road to see the closest thing I have to Brooke.

*****Logan's POV*****

"Baby, she'll be fine. We'll all be fine." I tried assuring Octavia.

"How do you know that? No one even knows if she's still alive!" None of the girls were taking this well. Which was understandable. Who wants their best friend kidnapped the night of their wedding? No one. Unless you're sick and twisted.

"Octavia, everything's going to be fine. I don't 100% know this, but Brooke has put up with so much. She can do this."

"Keep me informed?"

"Of course. I love you baby. Talk to you later."

The phone clicked off and I wish I could've stayed and talked. While James is out with Brooke's parents me and the boys are going to try to get as much information as we can. And lets just say, it's nearly impossible. Whoever caused this knew what they were doing. And they made sure that not one little thing was out of place. Whoever it was obviously wanted no one finding any trace of Brooke. So far..they were winning..

*****James' POV*****

I pulled up to the small family restaurant and walked inside. I found the table in the back corner. I smiled as I walked in, but we all three knew it was a cover up. A really crappy one. I shook hands with Brian and gave Lilly a light hug.

"Glad you could make it." Brian said with folded hands.

"Of course." I replied with a nod of my head.

"We have lots to discus, James. It's best if we just begin now." I knew this conversation would consist mostly of me and Brian. Lilly was way to emotionally drained that I don't see how she was able to come.

"Yes. Right." My stomach was in knots and the migraine I had was beginning to get unbearable.

"First of all, we'd like you to thank your sister for helping out so much with this. Though it hasn't gotten far it has helped." Brian began with a mature business like way. I nodded my head and kept focused even though my mind kept wondering to Brooke.

"The police have informed us on a few things that we thought was appropriate to share with her husband." I didn't feel like a husband. I felt like a lost puppy wondering where the hell his shelter was. Where his safety and priority went.

"The police have come to conclusion that by the end of this week all investigations will be called off. They have already informed us to start scheduling and preparing the..umm..the funeral." Brian slowly and quietly choked the words out. Lillian's head fell to her hands and silent sobs escaped her. I was in mortal shock. Investigations stopped? They only looked for two weeks. Funeral? We just paid for a wedding! She isn't dead! Brooke isn't dead! How could they even think that! It's only been a week today! Another week of looking and then they're done?!

"Funeral?" The word was poisonous in my mouth. "That would only make two weeks of looking. She isn't dead, Mr and Mrs Cassidy. She isn't."

"James, we understand this is tough, but without police there-"

"Screw the police! They never did anything with blaze either! Who was the one who killed him?! We can find her!"

"James, we can't put you and the others in danger."

"I'll put myself through any danger to get my wife and your daughter back. I'm finding her. And whoever took her better be looking forward to hell." With that I stood up, nodded my head, and walked out. As I got in my car I turned the key and let the radio blare through the speakers. I dropped my head to the steering wheel and groaned angrily. I turned the volume down a little before slamming my heads to the dash board and filling hot tears fill my eyes. I blinked them away and quickly drove away. The way home was the quickest ever. Maybe because I was in such a rage my mind was speeding everything up.

"That was quick. You were barely gone an hour." Kendall said exiting the kitchen as I walked through the door. I threw my keys onto the counter and yanked the fridge door open.

"Wasn't much to discuss." I said clearly annoyed.

"What happened?"

"Everything!"

I ended up not taking anything from the fridge. I just slammed it shut and slammed my head against it. I felt Logan and Carlos come up and pull me away, sitting me on the couch. I tangled my fingers through my hair and bit my lip furious.

"Let's start at the beginning." Carlos began.

"The police are only looking for one more f***ing week! Then they're done! They're marking her as dead!" I found myself standing, again. I was in complete rage. My hands had turned to fists and I was burning with anger.

"Lillian was a wreck and Brian was..trying to be this f***ing superhero-"

"James!" Logan interrupted in, laughing. "Brian isn't the only one! Look at yourself!"

"But Brian didn't even seem affected! He knows, I know, we all know he doesn't want his daughter marked as dead! But obviously he doesn't think I can find her!"

"They're in a lot of doubt right now, James." Ali chimed in quietly. "They are just as scared as you."

"The police can't do this!"

"They can do anything they want if they don't find her."

"Well they aren't! They haven't even done the slightest thing to come close to finding her!"

"Just because the police stop looking doesn't mean we have to."

"I don't want her marked as dead. She's not dead. I'm not letting them."

I quickly ran the stairs and into my room. I let the door shut behind me and blew the candles out. Tomorrow I was going out to look for her. No matter how little information I had, I was looking. It's better than sitting at home waiting for a miracle when ones not coming.

• -vote

-comment

-follow

Morning/night.•