T W O

|| Itumeleng's Pov ||

After cleaning up Swazi's house I made sure I got home. My mom was probably freaking out about where I was and my dad - I didn't want to think about it.

"You seem so stressed" Lerato says as we drive out of the yard. Her parents were rarely ever home so she wouldn't ever stress.

"No, ke hangover fela" I lie, being sure she wouldn't believe me. Lerato had this weird thing of always knowing how I truly feel or what I really wanted to say and it honestly freaked me out.

"Sure?" she asks, giving me that i know you're lying look but I just nod going with the lie. "You know something quite interesting happened yesterday" she suddenly blurts out and I stare at her, knowing already I wouldn't like what she would tell me.

"Eng?" I ask her, seeing the smirk on her face. "You and Smanga" she said and I almost choked on my spit. I didn't really remember anything that happened that night but it couldn't be that. I completely refuse.

"What about us?" I ask, praying it wasn't what I thought it could be. Smanga has been one of the guys I cherished as a friend and I didn't want that to change. It couldn't possibly change.

''Well'' she said, still smirking. I hated the fact that she knew I was in a relationship but still she chose to take this as some sort of joke or something. ''You two... were quite intimate''

''Rato this isn't funny'' I said, putting a serious face. Romoe and I have been in a relationship for months and I didn't ever want to break that. I loved him.

''Who said it's funny?'' She said, smiling evilly. "Rato bathong!" I said, not believing how she was acting. "Okay fine!" She says "sorry but it was probably just a mistake, you don't need to confess to Romeo"

"The truth always has a way of coming out Lerato, it's better just to confess now" I said matter of factly. Romeo and I have gone way too far for me to just lie to him like that, it couldn't happen.

"It was just a kiss Itu, it's not like you two had sex" Lerato said but I didn't believe her. She was probably everywhere last night so she couldn't have seen every single thing I did. I had to go get checked fast, people like Smanga fuck everywhere.

"But it was lit yoh! By far his best party this year" she said but I wasn't focused on her. We were a few yards away from my house and I didn't like what I was seeing. Mom and dad usually fight and argue a few times but this - this was beyond a regular fight.

"Shit" Lerato says staring at the same thing I was staring at. There was a woman standing close by to where they were standing, seeming also to be involved in the fight. "Isn't it that lady from your dad's office? What's she doing here?" She asks and a certain something clicks in my head.

A few times when my dad returned from work he'd have this smell that didn't belong to him or mom and at times he'd just be off, like he wasn't with us. I always thought that maybe it was his work or maybe he was just really drained from fighting with mom but now I realize that's it's actually not that. Dad has been having an affair with this white woman and now it's out - now mom finally knows.

"Stay right here" I said to Lerato as I went out the car, running with my fastest speed. My heart was pounding and in my head I didn't want to believe this. One night of wild partying and suddenly I'm back and it's a mess. Why couldn't my parents function without me?

"Ma!" I shout out as I near them. Mom was on top of the woman strangling her and my dad was standing there trying to talk things out - how stupid. "Ma please! Get off of her!" I shout out, trying to pull her off. "Itumeleng get into the house! This has nothing to do with you!" Ma shouts out, tears streaming down her face. "Pa get her off! Do something!" I shout at my father, not believing how dumb he was being right now. You can't talk a woman out of a physical fight, you need to actually pull her away.

After struggling my dad finally pulls my mom away and the woman stands, coughing horribly. "This?" My mom angrily shouts, pointing at the woman. "Is this what you're comparing me to Tshepo?"

"I'm going to have you arrested" the woman said, looking horrible as expected. I had never seen my mother in such an angry state and in this moment I feared her.

"Everyone please just calm down" my dad said making ma even more angry. "Calm down? Calm down Tshepo? Calm down for mang? For eng?" My mom shouted out. The woman was still trying to fix herself but before she knew it ma was back on top of her.

"Ma stop" I shout out and this time I'm the one who pulls her off the woman. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening and in this moment I lost all respect I ever had for my dad. Not only was this childish and pathetic but it was something completely unlike him. How could he do this ?

"Divorce" my mom said, more like to all of us.
There was a sudden moment of silence as my dad and I were comprehending what she was saying. I looked my mom, my dad to see if any of them longed to be with each other. If any of them thought that this was a big mistake and wanted to fix things but as soon as my mom turned and walked away and my dad stood there not saying anything or trying to stop her I knew it was the end of their marriage.

You'd expect someone in this situation to either cry, scream or be angry but I was just confused. Two people who had dated throughout their entire high school and university years are now over, within minutes.
I didn't understand it.

"Itu" my father called me but I didn't respond to him. My mind was all over the place and I needed to be alone - to try figure things out.

"Itumeleng" he called our again but I continued walking, never looking back.
If this is the kind of father God decided you give me then I'd rather not have him. At all.

* * *

Vote if you liked the chapter and comment if you anything in mind