Chapter 17

Derek looked at Scott for a long time, so many questions and emotions running through him. "I need to get home." Derek stood to his feet quickly before losing his balance and falling back onto the porch swing.

"You aren't going anywhere on that leg. Look, we're going back to Beacon Hills in two days, when we get there I'll tell Stiles that I'm taking you to make sure that all of your vitals are okay and to take the stitches out, I know you'll be healed by then. I'll take you to see Deaton and your family." Scott said, helping Derek before comfortable again. Derek looked down at Scott's hands, seeing the black veins running up his arms.

"How are you?" Derek gasped looking up at Scott's gold eyes. "How did I not know?"

"I had a terrible asthma attack one day; I almost died. My mother went to yours after Stiles mom told her everything. Talia saved me. I've been in debt to her since." Scott weakly smiled. "You've been a wolf for so long that your senses haven't been working, you've probably been mixing my scent with the other wolves around here." Derek knew Scott was different.

"I never realized how much of a tole it was taking on me. I was just too scared to change back." Derek sighed. "You'll help me tell Stiles, right? I mean, you have to tell him about you being well, a park of my mother's pack anyways." He smiled at Scott, who nodded.

"The second you tell Stiles, I'll back you up. But I think you should tell him before we go home." Scott looked at the lake once again with a sigh. "The full moon will be here tomorrow night. You have to tell him tomorrow before something happens." Derek bit the inside of his cheek looking to the lake himself. He was so used to being alone and a wolf on the full moon, now he was with his mate, another wolf, as well as being in another packs territory that was trying to kill him. It was going to be possibly the most challenging moon he's had in a long time.

"I know. Don't go for a run in the morning." Derek said, warning Scott, his scent was all over him. The pack could go after Scott too.

"Why?"

"The pack that attacked me, I didn't kill them, I just scared them off. The betas are scared of me, but the alpha, he wanted to test me. He kept calling me an omega, which I guess I was until you told me that my family was still alive." Scott sighed, shaking his head.

"I know who you're talking about. When I told Talia I was coming out this way, mostly because I've been assigned to keep an eye on Stiles at all times, she asked me to check out this pack out here. Said that they've been killing people and turning them like bats out of hell. She's worried they might try and attack some of the smaller packs in the greater area." Scott looked into the house, making sure Stiles was still asleep.

Derek sighed, giving Scott as sad look. "They think that my family is dead; they think I'm the last surviving member. I remember the sound of that Alpha's voice; I think he was there when my family was attacked." Scott gasped, holding his breath after.

"We need to get out of here then. We have to see your mom." Scott stood to his feet, looking at the moon once again. "We'll make it back to Beacon Hills by midday tomorrow."

"Are you trying to leave this second?" Derek asked, trying to stand after Scott.

"No, we'll leave in the morning. You need to change back; I'm going to tell Stiles that I have to get you to the clinic before it's too late. I'll say that you're going downhill or something. Try not to heal too much okay? He'll check on you as soon as he wakes up. So maybe stay hurt at least a couple of hours." Derek nodded, waiting for Scott to turn around so he could shift back.

You can't stay out of trouble, can you? His wolf asked with a groan.

Shut up. Derek growled limping after Scott, and he moved to the couch looking at Stiles sleeping face. He pressed his nose into his hand, feeling the warmth that Stiles gave off.

Scott. Derek looked at the boy who stood over him. I need a few more days before I tell Stiles. We'll go home tomorrow, but I have to try something before I tell him.

"Alright, just let me know what I can do," Scott whispered. Derek moved to the blanket that sat on the floor and lay down like how he woke up. He had to try something before he just shifted right in front of Stiles. 

Imprinted [Sterek]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara