Chapter 28

"Me? Poor defenseless Stiles, I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bones. Sarcasm is my only defense. Maybe a baseball bat." Stiles gave the Hale's possibly the most horrifying look they'd ever seen. Stiles was nowhere close to ready for this; he was still trying to get the answers he's been waiting years for, there was no way in hell he was prepared to meet with a pack of werewolves.

"I can't go and meet a pack of werewolves when I hardly even know what's going on with my life at this point!" Stiles breathing was becoming rapid to the point that he wasn't breathing; his vision was beginning to fill with black spots; he was starting to have a panic attack.

"Stiles?" Laura asked, slowly moving over to the boy. Derek stood at the door wondering if it would be okay for him to go to his mate, he didn't want Stiles to hate him even more than he already did. "Stiles you need to breathe. Come on, Sti," Laura wasn't sure what to do.

Derek darted from his place by the door, pushing Laura away from Stiles taking the boy in his arms. "Sti, come on, listen to my voice." Derek watched Stiles face as nothing changed; he was getting worse.

"What do we do?" Talia honestly wasn't sure what to do in this situation, she knew how to care of werewolves, humans were a little out of her jurisdiction.

Derek stared down at his mate; there had to be something that he could do to calm Stiles down.

Stop being stupid and shift.

Shift, he needed to shift. Stiles was always calm when Derek's wolf was there; he knew how to care for him that way. Derek set Stiles down taking a deep breath and quickly shifting into his wolf before curling around his mate. "Come on, Stiles. Breath. Everything will be okay; I won't let anyone hurt you. Never again." Derek repeated listening to Stiles heartbeat and breathing. Derek felt Stiles' hands curl into his fur; it was slowly working.

"Take him to your room, Derek we'll talk when he's ready," Talia told her son. Derek gave a quick nod moving Stiles slowly onto his back with help from Laura and darting from the study. "Go to the pack and tell them I'll meet them in two days, only if they leave the town alone. Take Scott and Issac with you, stay safe." She turned to her daughter.

"Understood. What are we going to do about Stiles?" Laura asked, turning to leave the study.

"I don't know yet. That's why I'm asking for two days; we have to try and calm Stiles down enough. I also have to figure out what they wanted with him." Talia sighed, looking out the large window behind her.

"I might be of some help with that." She turned to find Deaton in place of her eldest daughter. "Two days, do you think that's enough time? Most Shepherds need years to learn how to control their power and well learn to help the pack; you think Stiles can do it in two days?" Deaton asked, crossing the room to meet her at the desk.

"I know he can. He's going to need all of us; he's going to learn how much we need him in return." Talia looked down at a picture on the desk smiling, Stiles, Scott, and Cora stood covered in the cake from Cora's birthday party.

"He's going to need Derek," Deaton added.

"We have some work to do." Talia sighed, grabbing a book from her desk. The two shared a look; this was going to be much harder than anything they've ever done.