Chapter 12

Scott went for a run, and Derek was now in the cabin with Stiles who was trying to work on another section of his book. Derek lay on the floor, trying to ignore the annoying growls and huffs coming from the boy sitting on the couch above him. He could tell Stiles was getting frustrated with what he was working on, but he didn't want to make them any more suspicious of him.

Help him, you idiot.

No, I still don't know how to tell him that everything he's been writing is real. I need to lay low.

"Hey, Beta, how does this sound to you?" Stiles paused for a second, clearing his throat before reading a paragraph to his wolf. "Dylan looked at the mysterious beta with blue eyes, wondering if he was truly friend or foe. He had lied to the pair before, who says that he wasn't now? A rouge Alpha was one thing, but now there were assassins after them was a little too far fetched." Derek whined at the word assassins, and Stiles noticed.

"What word would you use then? Trapper? Hunter?" Stiles asked, waiting for his wolves response. Derek sighed to himself, barking twice for the second option. They were werewolf hunters, not assassins.

"Hunter... Werewolf hunters. I like that. Good job, Beta, I don't know what I would do without you." Stiles grinned petting the top of Derek's head and scratching behind his ear a little.

You would have a very inaccurate book. Derek growled to himself. He shouldn't be helping Stiles with this; it really could expose the whole werewolf world. It's all still too far fetched for any to believe; there were many things that Derek let Stiles leave in because it made everything even more unrealistic.

"I'm back," Scott called from the back door. Derek bolted to his feet and out of the door needing some air.

"Beta!" Stiles called after him as he entered the edge of the woods. He just needed some time, just a little. He stopped a few yards away from the cabin hearing Stiles still calling the name that he gave him.

"It's okay Stiles, we'll find him. But you have to remember; he is a wolf, he needs to be in the wild." Scott says, trying to help his friend.

"I know. It's- Beta's not a normal wolf. He's twice, maybe even three times the size of a normal wolf, if someone sees him, they'll kill him. Scott, I don't know what I would do without him anymore. I know it's only been a few days, but I sleep better when he's there, I'm not all over the place when I'm awake because he calms me down. He gave me the idea for my book." Stiles sobbed, breaking Derek's heart. He was going to come back Stiles; he was, he just needed a little time. He needed to figure out how to tell you what he is, he needs time to figure out how to explain how that you're his mate and that's why you feel this way about him.

A twig snapped behind Derek, breaking him out of his trance and turning around to see where the snap came from. There was a low growl, and Derek started running away from the cabin, he couldn't let whatever was there near Stiles. Derek ran until his feet felt like they couldn't carry him anymore; he found himself on a river bank. Not ideal, but it will do.

Derek turned around, finding five wolves circling him. They must be one of the packs he smelt when he was in town with Stiles. State your name, status, and pack. The alpha growled. Its eyes brightly glow red.

Derek, beta, I do not have a pack. Derek growled back holding his ground. He hadn't seen an alpha's gaze in some time, but this wasn't his alpha, it doesn't hurt.

If you do not have a pack, you cannot be a beta, omega. The alpha growled. What are you doing on my land omega? And I asked for your pack, whether you have one now or not.

Look, boss, he's got a collar. One of the beta's growled it's yellow eyes burning into him. Derek growled and snapped at the beta to back away from him, his eyes beginning to glow their electric blue.

He's killed an innocent. He's trouble. Another growled, and Derek snapped at him as well.

ENOUGH! The alpha howled and his beta's moved away from Derek still circling him. State the pack that you were in now, omega.

My name is Derek Hale; I am a Beta; I am the son of Talia Hale. I am no omega. Derek roared, taking a step closer to the alpha. He was tired of being called an omega; he was the last of the Hale pack; he would not be called an omega.

He's the last of the Hale Pack, boss; we shouldn't mess with him. One of the beta's whimpered backing away slowly.

Don't you dare back away! The alpha growled. He's a lowly omega; I don't care who his mother was. He is nothing without a pack. The betas grew back a little courage closing the circle on Derek.

What do you want? Derek growled snapping at the betas to back away from him. They were beginning to jump and bite at him, trying to take pieces out of him.

What are you doing on my land? You should know better than to enter another pack's territory without asking. The alpha growled snapping back at Derek.

I got lost and hurt. I ran into a human who helped me. I was trying to get home. If you don't mind, I would like to leave. Derek didn't growl this time; he was trying to be civil. He just wanted to get back to Stiles, that was all he cared about.

That's your excuse? I'm sure you can do better than that omega. He was starting to push Derek's buttons with the omega thing.

Call me omega one more time, and I'll rip your throat out, with my teeth. Derek growled. It was evident that he was going to have to fight his way out of this. He knew he was stronger than the betas, the alpha he might be able to wound enough to get by and make it to Stiles.

Omega. Derek snapped and charged at the alpha. It wanted a fight, and now it's getting one.