12- The Illuminated Sky

I had my phone turned off. Jack hadn't texted me since we hung out earlier and I haven't texted either. 

I was sitting on my window sill, looking up at the night sky that illuminating the whole street. 

When I stare long enough, I get this feeling of insignificance. Probably sounds bad but I find it quite interesting.

Just seeing darkness, the clouds, the stars, the moon. Hundreds of miles away yet I can still see it. Just the thought of maybe something bigger out there. Just the thought of the unexpected.

My parents were sleeping and the only noises I could hear were the sounds of leaves rustling in the  trees. I smiled to myself, slightly glad that I had distanced myself from Jack for a moment. We've been inseparable since summer started...

Okay maybe I'm not so happy I distanced myself from him. Would it be pathetic if I text him now? Would it- Ow.

I felt a small hard object hit me straight in my chest. My first thought was that it was some crazy bug attacking me for my blood. But then I noticed more flying towards me. I looked down to see Jack throwing pebbles unknowingly at me. 

"Where are thou Juliet!"

"Hey Romeo, you're one throw away from getting a pebble in a place that the sun doesn't shine!"

Jack smiled up at me. "Does my Capulet mind coming down so I can talk to them?" He said in some strange British accent.

I shrugged and nodded over to a spot on the window next to me. "I'd say the view is fine from here. If you get your butt up here, I'll be getting the two for one deal!" 

After waiting a while, Jack had found himself sitting next to me on the window. We didn't say anything, we just looked at the view.

His hand slowly crept next to mine and I tried my best not to notice. My heart was racing and my cheeks were burning. Slowly, I looked up at him. He stared back at me.

"So that guy I really like, the one I'm too scared to share how I feel..." he started quietly, "should I just tell him?" He whispered.

I brushed my knuckle against his and nodded slowly, "I think he may feel the same way." I replied hesitantly.

We both stared at each other. My heart ready to burst. We both leaned into each other until our lips connected. It was happening. I admit it. I really like Jack.

Still connected, I felt his arm slide around my waist. He pulled me closer next to him on the window until our thighs were pressed together.

As much as it pained me, I pulled away. "Jack..." I whispered, trying to catch my breathe. He looked away, almost as if he was ashamed of what he did. 

"I need to go home." He said. He started to get up but I pushed him back down.

"Will you be my boyfriend." I asked quickly. My heart regaining the same fast pace as it had just moments before. Jacks eyes widened, he looked out at the neighborhood and back at me. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Alex." He said. Leaving me to sit on the window alone.