7- Just a Straight Guy

Oh, how pleasant. The hot and humid day brought out the smell of chlorine immensely. You could basically imagine children peeing in the pool while their parents sit by the tables and sip their lemon water. I looked around the beach chair filled area for Vic.

I soon saw him under the shade of a tree, with a boy laying in his lap. I walked over, their noses were touching and they just smiled the whole time. I would've thought that it was quite adorable, except for the fact that I was right next to them and they still had yet to notice me.

"Vic!" I whispered.

The kid in his lap jumped, startled, and bumped his forehead with Vic. My friend rubbed his forehead and looked up at me and smiled. He then started to lightly smack the boys face, causing him to look up as well. Now that I could fully see the guys face, he had jet black hair that swept over his face with hazel eyes looking me up and down.

"Hey I'm Kellin," he said sticking out his hand to shake.

"Alex" I replied, "So... is it just you guys?" I asked.

Kellin shook his head, "No, one of my friends had to bail and the other lost his ride so he's walking" I nodded understandingly.

For the next twenty minutes, I sat awkwardly ways away from them and just listened to music. I thought it'd be awkward if Kellin friends would ignore me but no one is here to ignore me.

I got tired sitting there so I got up to find a vending machine. My earbuds were now playing anything that could block out the noise of screaming children. I waited a minute for my packet of m&m's to fall to the bottom of the machine. It was slow and painful.

Suddenly I felt a small jab into my side and whipped my head around, ready to attack whatever threat was set in front of me. Standing in front of me, I was met with a familiar pair of dark brown eyes.

"Jack? Wha- Be- I- fuck- I uh" I said, struggling to form a simple sentence in the English language. He laughed, "Hey, so you're Vic's friend?" He asked, biting his lip in a cute- I mean funny way he does.

I was confused by his question so I just nodded, he looked down at the vending machine and pulled out the m&m's from the slot. "m&m?" He asked, ripping open the bag and offering it to me. "I bought those" I said. he nodded, "What I'm asking you is, do you want them?" He said once again with his goofy grin.

I shook my head and snatched the m&m's from his grasp, "Open your mouth" I said. He did so and I poured a couple into his mouth. As he swallowed the candied chocolates he coughed a little, "Damn Alex, we've known each other for like what a week? And you're already trying to choke me" he laughed.

I smiled at his cute little laughs, I looked back over to the shade for Vic and Kellin, only to see them with their phones out and pointed in our direction. My face heated in embarrassment. I grabbed Jack's hand and pulled him along with me to join Vic and Kellin. The two sat snickering down at the trunk of the tree.

I sat down and Kellin started talking, "So Jack... this is Vic, my boyfriend. Vic this is Jack. And Alex.... well it seems like you two already knew each other but just in case..."

"- wait are those m&m's?!" Vic interrupts, I shake my head, desperate to keep my precious candy safe. "They're drugs" Jack blatantly says. Vic raises his eyebrows at the two of us while Jack grabs an m&m and starts to crush it. "Don't tell me you're actually going to snort that?" Kellin says.

Jack giggles, "Of course not, who does drugs in public?"

I facepalmed, "Jack you're not supposed to say things like that in public" I hissed.

"Oh, so I can say things like that in the bedroom" he winked. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment, "Dude that sounds so gay"

"How long have you guys known each other?" Vic asked, "You two sound like an old married couple and I don't think I've ever heard Alex mention you before"

Jack looked at me and winked, he wrapped his arm around me, saying, "My wife and I-"

I instantly pushed his arm from off of me, "I swear to god"

Okay, maybe he's just joking around. I don't even know his sexuality so who am I to care? He's probably just a straight boy who happens to have a lot of queer friends, right..?

"Shared joys make a friend, not shared sufferings."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

815 words | 112 reads | 120 goal