"-I trust you enough to come back here in an hour's time. If you are not here, all patched up, I will assume you are dying and I will march into your tent and force you to let me treat you. Do you understand?" Gang Meili says firmly. 

Ah, I can see how the fiery trait runs in the family.

The commander nods. "Of course. I'll see you in an hour's time."

Shi Zixin turned her back to the doctor, letting the tent's flap fall back in. The commander's boots crunched through the snow on the way back to her own tent. Upon entering the tent, Shi Zixin collapsed onto the bed, much paler than she was before.

'Why would you not let an actual doctor take care of your wounds?' 008 asks as their voice echoes at the back of Eman's head.

'Because,' the girl grunts back, pulling down her tunic sleeve to reveal the wound, 'Doctor Gang is smart.'

Even though Shi Zixin's muscles are lean and nowhere near feminine, a single glance from a doctor would give away Shi Zixin's identity. Her shoulders are much narrower than a man's and the muscles grow differently. Through the thick padding of armor and clothing, one cannot see that Shi Zixin isn't a macho man.

Shi Zixin quickly disinfects her wound with a splash of liquor before sewing up the wound. Quickly, she wraps the cotton gauze around her shoulder, pulling its ends tight with her teeth and her right hand.

Shi Zixin's face contorts in disgust as she fervently wipes the feeling of cotton gauze from her mouth. 008 laughs lightly at her state, but a singular glare forward stops him.

Shi Zixin pulls on a new tunic and ties back on her cloak before heading out to the medic tent. She pulls away the flap and sees Gang Meili pacing inside. Her usual tight bun had come slightly loose with baby hairs coming out.

The doctor glances up and lets out a small sigh of relief, which is quickly hidden by her stern facade.

"You were quite close to an hour-"

"But not over it, yes?"

Gang Meili's clicks her tongue. "No need to get all sarcastic, I'm merely making sure a patient is doing fine."

Shi Zixin sits down on a cot by the materials table, sitting down with tiredness. Gang Meili brings out the strange tea box and pulls out a pot. 

'008, can you just tell me how that box works?'

'I'm not the one you should ask that question to.'

'So...you don't know or you won't say?'

'Won't say.'

Agh!

"Here you go."

"Thank you," Shi Zixin says, taking the cup extended to her. Gang Meili watches with cool eyes as Shi Zixin takes a sip.

Quickly, Shi Zixin's face contorts in disgust as she chokes on swallowing the liquid. "What is that?" she finally sputters, faint tears at the corners of her eyes.

"Tea."

"It tastes like alcohol somehow rotted with a splash of eucalyptus," Shi Zixin gasps, wiping the back of her tongue with her cloak. Gang Meili rolls her onyx eyes, leaning on the materials table.

"It's medicinal tea. It speeds up recovery. Would you rather be recovering for a couple of weeks and have to deal with a small dose of foul medicine; or have some sweet chamomile and be recovering for the rest of this war?"

"The latter," Shi Zixin immediately answers, setting the cup down hastily.

"Tch, you're unbelievable. You're acting just like Qingshan-" Gang Meili starts saying, but quickly cuts herself off.