Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

He's tall and seriously good looking. Dumagdag pa sa appeal niya ang magandang buhok at porma. Korean guys are really fashionable.

Tumayo si Jakob sa pagdating ni Tyrone. They greeted each other by doing the clapping each other's hand gesture. Napilitan akong tumayo rin. It feels more awkward to watch them from my seat.

Nang ilipat ni Tyrone ang mga mata sa akin ay bakas ang bahagyang pagkagulat sa mukha niya. "Whoa. Kinsley. It's good to see you," he said with awe in his voice.

"Hi," I awkwardly greeted.

Lumipat si Jakob sa katabi kong upuan. Tyrone sat on the chair across the table. Our orders were served. Tyrone didn't order anything. Busog pa raw ito dahil kakakain lang ng lunch.

"You don't have classes today?" Tyrone started the conversation.

"Activity period," Jakob answered.

Kapag activity period ay madalas suspended ang klase. Fortunately for me, the activity period is until my last class. Si Jakob ang malas dahil naabutan ang huling klase niya.

Tyrone nodded. He comfortably leaned back on his chair and drummed on the table. "So, why did you ask to meet?"

Jakob cleared his throat. He sat up straight. "I just have a few questions about Jasmeen."

Kumunot ang noo ni Tyrone pero tumango pa rin bilang pagsagot. "Okay... What is it?"

"Did Jasmeen get in a fight with anyone before? Or did she tell you about a person she hates or who hates her?"

Tyrone's brows furrowed even more. He look confounded and amused. He grinned and shook his head. "You're really asking me? Kinsley probably knows more than I do. She's the best friend."

"Maybe she mentioned something to you that I didn't know about," I reasoned and shrugged. Hahaba ang usapan kapag ipinaliwanag pa namin na may amnesia si Kinsley.

Sumeryoso na ang mukha niya. He let out a deep breath and paused to think deeply. After a few minutes, he brought his eyes to us again and sympathetically shook his head.

"I don't think we ever talked about that. Jasmeen was really nice and sweet and I doubt anyone hated her. Her friends were even fiercely protective of her," Tyrone thoughtfully answered. He gave us a curious look after that. "Why? What is this about?"

Hindi kami nakasagot ni Jakob. My shoulders and face dropped in utter disappointment. I looked at Jakob. He had a displeased look on his face too.

Just when we thought we had a lead... I heavily sighed.

***

"Oh my Gosh, Kinsley! I'm so sorry!" bungad ni Pen pagkapasok na pagkarating niya sa living room. Her eyes were glassy through the lenses of her eyeglass. Her entire face was drawn with remorse.

Sinalubong ako ni Pen nang yakap. Wala akong naging choice kundi ang magpayakap sa kanya. She trapped my arms.

"I swear I don't know what happened. I'm really sure that I bought coconut cupcake. Hindi ko napansin. I don't know if the girl made a mistake or what," Pen went on and on. "I'm really sorry!"

I've heard her say this last night when I informed her that the cupcake she gave me was almond. She called me to apologize over and over again. Pati sa text ay humingi siya ng sorry.

Sinabihan ko na siya na 'wag pumunta ngayong Saturday dahil may swimming practice ako ng after lunch but she insisted to come and check up on me.

Over the phone, I couldn't tell if she was genuinely apologetic or she's just acting. I thought seeing it in person would make it easier to find out if she's lying or not pero akala ko lang pala. I still can't tell if it's the truth or it's all part of an act.