Chapter Eighteen

Sorry for the very late update. I was busy with law school (ngayon lang nagkaroon ng time kasi holy week) and also, a lot of stressful things happened the start of this year.

For the benefit of the doubt, here's a recap for the last chapter.

It was already the day of Robyne's operation. She was nervous and having second thoughts. 
Cole, her doctor, assured her that it was her lucky day and told her she's finally going to live longer again. Robyne kept asking Cole who was her anonymous donor but he wouldn't give her a direct answer. Dr. Cole Rivera then went home after and saw his fraternal twin brother, Lio, looking like a shit. Ilang linggo at araw na itong subsob sa research nito tungkol sa Lupus erythematosus. Lio was frustrated as he still couldn't fine a cure for the autoimmune disease - telling Cole he doesn't have enough time anymore. Cole then encouraged him to see Robyne as it was already the time. The day after Robyne's successful kidney transplant, she decided to pray at the hospital's chapel... then she saw Emilio again after a long time.

●●●

The sun will stop shining soon
And you'll be gone from my life
Yeah, you'll be gone
It's as simple as a change of heart
But I'm not gonna think about the future

●●●

"E-Emilio..." Robyne was still in shock to see her ex-boyfriend. It was like her feet froze the moment she saw him coming out from the hospital's chapel. Why was he here? She didn't remember telling him that she's in the US nor she was sick. But during that time, he was there, standing in front of her like he was longing to see her so much, "Why? Why are you here?"

"Robyne," Emilio even gulped mentioning her name, "I..."

"You're not supposed to be here, Emilio. Hindi ka dapat nandito," She said, shaking her head, trying to suppress her tears. It's been more than a month since they last saw each other, since she broke up with him without telling the truth, for telling him that she was just playing to break his heart. 

She really misses him. So damn much.

"And I'm here. I'm here now, Robyne. I won't go away anymore. I will stay."

"No," She reacted. Her tears finally streaming down, "No, Emilio! This is wrong, no, you shouldn't. No..." 

This is why she broke up with him. She's sick. She doesn't know if she's going to live longer. She doesn't know that after the transplant - she will finally be okay. She's fucking sick forever. Her autoimmune disease will never go away. Her disease doesn't have a cure.

If he's going to continue his relationship with her, wala itong patutunguhan. She's still going to leave him someday. She's still going to cause him pain. She will still die earlier than him. He's going to suffer and endure too. She will just break his hear all over again. 

"Robyne..." Lio tried to hold her hand as he was nearing her - but she shoved it away, making Lio surprised at what she just did.

"No, Emilio. We're over. I don't want to see you anymore." She said firmly as her tears dried up. Kahit mahina pa ang katawan niya ay pinilit niyang talikuran ito at naglakad papalayo rito. She was holding tight at the stand where her dextrose was located and connected to her hand. She cried again as she bit her lower lip. 

It's better this way.

It should.

●●●

"Lio."

Good Boys Are Boring (Finished)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara