Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Cole, I'm not prepared for this

"Cole, I'm not prepared for this." Emilio complained while video-calling his twin brother, Collin Maddox who was on the other part of the world. Nasa Amerika kasi ang kakambal niya dahil sa career nito. Actually, all of his family are currently residing in the USA. All of them grew up in the USA because both of their parents work in the said country. His mom was a news reporter while his dad was a retired NBA player. Si Collin ay siya namang sumunod sa mga yapak ng Papa nila at naging NBA player din ito. His two other younger siblings, Declan and Lily are still studying in the US.

His father came from a political clan in the Philippines, from their great-grandfather, his grandfather and relatives were all politicians. Kaya naman 'nung magcollege siya, his grandfather, the former senator, Samuel Ignacio Rivera III, requested him to take Business Economics in UCLA instead. And after it, he also asked him to study law at the Philippines.

Sa pamilya kasi nila, kahit isa ay walang pumasok sa mundo ng pulitika. His grandfather felt a little scared and challenged because the Rivera clan might be wiped out forever from the political world. That's why he became a lawyer to help his grandfather - so that he will have an idea how politics work. Not only that, his grandfather is starting to train him as he requested him to run for the congress next election. He will be the congressman of their district if he will win.

"You're a lawyer, how could that be?" Cole chuckled on the other line. Minsan naiisip niya kung bakit hindi siya mahilig sa basketball. As he could see, his twin brother seemed to have an easy life.

But how can he be interested in basketball? He was a geek. He was a nerd for his whole younger years. He even experienced being bullied when he was in gradeschool dahil masyado raw siyang matalino.

And he's shy. He's extremely shy. He even has to practice his discussion for his class every night, for at least two hours. He wasn't good at public speaking. He doesn't have a wide circle of friends. His only friends are his family, his best friend is even his twin brother. Samantalang ang kakambal niya, overconfident. He even has to sound tough and strict during his classes at school dahil ayaw niyang mahalata ng mga estudyante niya na mahiyain siya. His grandfather even persuaded him before to work at the hall of justice para magkaroon siya ng maraming kakilala, but he is too shy.

He didn't want to be a lawyer in the first place. He wanted to be a scientist. At least sa trabahong iyon, nasa loob lang siya ng laboratory.

"I'm not good at talking people." He sighed. He was already wearing his tux and he's going to attend a party later with his grandparents. It was a political party and his grandparents would introduce him to the various elites of the society.

"You're twenty-eight, Lio. Matanda ka na para mahiya pa. Besides, you're smart. You'll do good at making conversations. Ikaw ang matanda sa 'ting dalawa pero ikaw 'tong mahiyain."