Chapter Fifteen

And I know these scars will bleedBut both of our hearts believeAll of these stars will guide us home

But both of our hearts believe
All of these stars will guide us home

●●●

"Ms. Mercier, hold still..."

Robyne tried to keep her breathing at pace when her body finally entered the MRI machine. The blue lights inside the machine suddenly turned on that she could even hear its sound getting so loud.

"Ms. Mercier, relax..." The doctors who were assigned for the machine added.

Last week, she also had undergone lab tests, echocardiogram, and CT scan. She is currently confined at Johns Hopkins Hospital for two weeks already. Lately, she has been feeling severe headaches that's why her doctors suggested that she should undergo for MRI as well - thinking that her disease might have affected her brain already.

After half an hour, the scan was finished. The other medical staff who was inside in the laboratory assisted her in getting up. Nang makatayo na siya ng maayos ay dahan-dahan naman siyang lumabas mula sa lab. She smiled weakly and thanked the male nurse who provided her with a wheelchair. She slowly sat on it as the nurse started to push her wheelchair. Ibabalik na ulit kasi siya sa room niya para magpahinga. The results of the MRI scan will be released in a few days.

Robyne was just observing the surroundings while being pushed by her nurse. Hindi niya aakalain na babalik na naman ulit siya sa lugar na ito. Since she was young, the hospital has been like her second home. Marami na nga siyang mga medical staff at mga pasyente na naging kaibigan 'nung nasa France pa siya. She thought after her surgery, hindi na siya babalik pa sa ganoong klaseng lugar... but then, she's dying again.

She sighed. Hindi niya alam kung maawa siya sa mga pasyenteng kasama niyang nandoon sa ospital. She was done being pitied because of her disease. Ang tanging alam niya lang, she knows all of them want to be cured. Completely.

Nakabalik na rin ulit siya sa room niya. The nurse assisted her again in putting her back to her bed. Inayos din nito ang dextrose na nakalagay sa kanya. After that, the nurse told her that her doctor will come in a few minutes to administer a corticosteroids shot to her. Nagpaalam na rin ito at lumabas sa room niya.

Two weeks ago, her dad told her to have her treatment at a prestigious hospital in States, the Johns Hopkins Hospital. The said hospital is good at giving quality healthcare treatment to their patients. Her dad was also being supportive about it and encouraged her to come. And she did.

Because she still wants to live.

Even though she knows there's only a slight chance for to live longer, she's hoping.

She's still hoping for a miracle.

She broke his heart. She doesn't want him to know that she's dying. She doesn't want him to know there's only a slight chance that she'll be able to live.