Chapter Twelve

If I can't find the cureI'll fix you with my loveAnd if you say you're okayI'm gonna heal you anyway

I'll fix you with my love
And if you say you're okay
I'm gonna heal you anyway

●●●

"I didn't expect that you would come with me without hesitation, Robyne."

Robyne's father, Arthur, commented as both of them were sitting together inside the car. It was already night at papunta na ngayon silang dalawa sa hotel kung saan gaganapin ang isang political party. Both of them were wearing their formal attires. Her father was also the who fetched her at her condo unit.

Robyne just smiled. Honestly, she was excited for that night. Madalas sa tuwing umaattend siya ng mga political parties kasama ang Daddy niya ay lagi siyang nabobored at mas gustong umuwi na lang.

But that night was different. She never felt as excited as before.

Of course.

Because her professor is going to be her date that night.

Ilang minuto naman ay dumating na sila sa hotel. She got out from the car first and Arthur Gonzaga followed. Mas lalo namang napangiti si Robyne nang natatanaw niya ngayon sa entrance ng hotel ang isang pamilyar na lalake. He was wearing a formal black tuxedo while also smiling at her direction.

She ran towards him as she immediately intertwined her arm with his. Medyo nagulat pa ito sa ginawa niya but he smiled again eventually.

"Hi, good evening." She greeted while holding his arm. Andres Emilio, still smiling, looked at her like she was the only person during that night.

"Good evening, Robyne."

She giggled as she looked back at her father who also now looking at them, puzzled.

"Mauna na kami, Dad," Her attention went back to Lio, "Let's go."

Pumasok na silang dalawa sa hotel at dumirecho na sa function room. Every guest invited in the said party was looking at them. Robyne noticed that most of the people inside were politicians or famous figures who are also involved in politics.

"Where's your grandfather?" She asked as she scanned the surroundings. She was still holding Lio's arm.

"He's going to be late. Pinauna niya lang ako." Lio answered as an unfamiliar lady suddenly approached them.

"Good evening, future congressman." The lady said, smiling at Lio. Napahawak naman ng mahigpit si Robyne sa braso nito habang tinaasan ng kilay ang babae. The woman who was in her late 20's was obviously trying to flirt with her professor.

"Uhm," Lio scratched his nose awkwardly, "Good evening, Ms. Santos."

Oh now, she remembered. Leah Santos is the daughter of their governor, Prudencio Santos. Kung tama ang pagkaalala niya, naging sponsor din ang Dad niya sa mga ito.