Chapter Five

"Mama

"Mama..."

"Robyne." Her mother smiled at her as she carressed her hair. All of her body was really in pain as she was currently lying on the hospital bed. Next week pa malalaman kung sinong donor ang mamatch sa kanya.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at her mom. She smiled, "Mama, am I going to live?"

Her mother, Angelie, smiled, "You will, baby. You will survive. Trust Mama, okay?"

Robyne nodded weakly. If they can find a donor, she will have her operation next week. But as of now, they still haven't found one. Robyne knows her they couldn't afford the operation but her mother told her everything's gonna be alright. She told her to trust and to have faith.

But it was fine for her. If she's going to die at fourteen, at least her mother is on her side.

"Can you sing for me, Mama?"

"Of course, anything for my baby."

Angelie immediately picked up the guitar she was brought and started strumming it. Robyne couldn't help but to close her eyes as she listened to her mother sing. Angelie was singing her favorite song.

"It's just another night and I'm staring at the moon. I saw a shooting star and thought of you. I sang a lullaby..."

"So open your eyes and see. The way our horizons meet. And all of the lights will lead, into the night with me. And I know these scars will bleed but both of our hearts believe. All of these stars will guide us home..."

She will really miss her mom's voice.

"I love you, Robyne. Mama loves you so much."

"I love you too, Mama."

●●●

"Class dismissed."

Nagsitayuan naman kaagad ang mga estudyante matapos silang idismiss ng professor nila. Robyne smiled widely as she immediately stood up from her seat. She confidently walked her way to her professor who was currently busy arranging his things. She even purposely wore a black halter dress and black stilettos and of course, partnered with her designer bag, Chanel.

"Hi, Emilio."

Andres Emilio sighed, "What is it this time, Ms. Mercier?" He said without even glancing at her. Her not-so-boring-anymore professor was still busy looking through his books.

She sat on the edge of the teacher's table, near enough to her professor. Alam niyang sa mga oras na iyon ay pinagtitinginan na sila ng ibang mga kaklase niya. She even started to hear some gossips about her that nilalandi niya ang professor nila sa Public Economics para lang pumasa. Some would even call her a stupid slut or bimbo na wala ng maisip na paraan para pumasa kundi ang landiin ang lahat ng professor nila. But she doesn't care, her life doesn't revolve around these poor students.