Divination with Draco (Theodore Nott)

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for that. You didn't have to do anything about it," I said quietly, almost inaudible. He smiled back.

"Glad I could help," he shrugged. "You never do anything about it, so someone has to," he told me.

How the bloody hell did he know? Nobody ever pays attention to me, let alone my problems. So how did this attractive young man notice that these boys slap my arse every bloody hour?

Instead of asking any questions,I nodded softly and smiled at the ground. Theodore chuckled lightly and I smiled a tiny bit wider at the sound. The noise was so foreign, yet it was so comforting to hear.

"I trust I'll see you tonight. You're meeting Draco in his dorm, yes?" He asked me, leaning his tall figure down slightly to look through my face. I nodded in response, not letting my voice fail me. "I thought I was the quiet one," he chuckled. "All right, let me walk you to dinner."

I smiled softly and he returned it, extending his elbow for me to bring his upper arm. I gingerly placed my hand on his bicep, and he smiled at me. We walked like this until we got just outside the great doors. "Thank you, Theodore," I said quietly, not really noticeable over the loud noises inside the Hall. Although, Theodore heard it.

"You're very welcome, Y/N," he smiled. "And please, call me Theo."

I have him a simple nod and he smiled, then disappeared into the crowd of Slytherins. I made my way to the opposite end of the table, grabbing a seat along the way. I ate a little, but not much at all. I was finally free from Ernie telling me I had to eat more every five seconds, so I stuck with a slice of bread and a small bowl of soup.

After that, I stood up and saw Draco do the same. I took a deep breath and approached him, praying he would say something first. He looked at me and smiled softly.

Draco and I had been friends since first year, and I had always had a soft spot for him. He had one for me, too, apparently.

"Are you ready?" He asked me. I nodded softly, knowing Draco was used to my silence. "Alright then, let's go."

Draco gently placed his hand on my back as he lead me from the Hall and towards the dungeons,where our common room is. The walk was a comfortable silence; one that was always held in our friendship.

When we got to the boys dormatories, my stomach became unsettled. Draco noticed my hesitation at the door and sighed. "Come on, love. I'm going to fail Divination if you don't help me. Stop fussing, the boys won't mind you're here," he basically read my mind, like he always did.

"Okay," I nodded softly, making him smile wider than I expected. "Draco," I stopped again, and he looked at me, asking me what was wrong. "Did Theodore tell you what he did this afternoon?"

Draco smirked, which meant yes, and he shoved me into the room forcefully. Inside sat Theodore, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle, all of their attention going to me as Draco wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Hope you boys don't mind, Y/N's here to help me in Divination," he told them, making them look at me even tougher than before.

"Hi," I waved nervously. Goyle waved back and the rest of them smiled at me. Then they went back to their... Chess? Poker? Whatever the bloody hell they were playing.

Draco and I sat on his bed facing one another as I pulled out the tea leaves and the crystals from my bag. I handed Draco a few things and we got started.

After an hour, we tried tea leaf reading, to see if we were making any progress. I handed him my cup and he looked at it. He smiled instantly, concerning me a little. As if he read my mind, he looked right at me. "You're in love," he cooed, making me frown.