Chapter 5 - Where Are You Now

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Where Are You Now - The Moderates

Welcome to Impulse from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story!

We are a week away from Endgame, and I'm emotional not prepared. I just want everyone to know that I will not be spoiling it here or on my Tumblr for anyone.

I'm also very excited because there is only about 30min left of IronMan3 after this chapter and then we get to play around in Becca's world again.

--------------------------------------------------------

Where Are You Now

But it's enough to make it hurt

Running everything you said back through my mind

Oh I'm sorry, for what I said

But without you I feel so dead

Please come back, and stay with me

I'm begging you, I'm on my knees

Where are you now

I don't know

December 23, 2012

"I'm so sorry, Steve."

The grip on the phone was tight. Any more pressure added would for sure crush the device and that's not something that needed to happen at this moment. It wouldn't be the first time he forgot his strength in a way that overtook his own anger. That anger right now was directed towards himself and only himself.

He was on the phone with Natasha, the redhead scolding him for not letting her know that he was still heading to California even though they had no idea where Becca was.

"You flew to Malibu and no one knew where you jetted off to-"

"-Eve knew." Steve corrected Natasha, almost hearing the growl come through the phone.

"Not the point, Rogers!" Natasha all but threw her fist through the wall. "I've got you running off, Clint calling me up non stop asking if I've heard anything and wondering if he should fly out, Fury is having meetings with D.C. because two very high profiled people are missing, and I get to play secretary. You should learn now that I don't do very well with being left on the sidelines."

He listened to her, understanding where she was coming from, but Steve could only see one path right now and that finding Becca. "She would do the same for us, Natasha."

"I know that! You don't think I know that?" She was seeing red at that point. "I've have been partners with her for years. I was on that end of that when Clint and Becca stole a jet to get me out of suicide mission. I know Becca, I know her very well."

Steve could basically hear the 'I know her better than you' in the tone of her voice. As that was running through his head, Natasha kept on talking and Steve could hear the beeping in the line. An unknown number trying to get him to answer. But he let it go.

She was right there. Becca was a phone line away and he missed it. It was fate. She always joked that she talked to his voicemail more than himself on the phone. Of course that's what would happen at the very worst moment. And now all he could do was repeat the message over and over again.