19

"He's inside." Melissa said as she opened the door for Rita. Rita followed Melissa to the kitchen and Scott rushed to hug the smaller girl.

"Hi, love." She whispered, hugging him tightly. Scott was surprised by her calling him love but his sadness cancelled out his feeling of surprise before he could mention it. Both of them started crying and Melissa looked at them sadly.

"You're going to be late to school." Melissa said, quietly. The two teenagers pulled away and Rita wiped Scott's tears before he grabbed his bag.

"Bye, mom. Love you." Scott said, kissing his mom on the cheek. He took Rita's hand and they walked out of the house.

"This is Julia's car?" Scott asked, sitting in the passenger's seat.

"Yeah." Rita said, starting the car.

"I want to meet your friends." Scott said. Rita glanced at him and smiled.

"They're a little crazy but alright." Rita said. Scott smiled back at her and leaned his head on the headrest. He noticed her arm and touched it, pulling out some of her pain.

"What happened?" Scott asked. Rita pulled into the parking spot and looked at him.

"The oni got me a Julia's house last night." Rita whispered. Scott's eyes widened and his eyes started tearing up.

"Hey, I'm okay. I'm here, see?" Rita whispered, cupping his face. Scott sniffled and leaned in to kiss her. She kissed back, hoping to take away his sadness. They pulled away and she gave him a small smile as she wiped the lipgloss off his lips.

"Let's go." Scott said as she pulled her hand away from his lips. She went to grab her bag but hissed in pain. Scott grabbed her bag and took her hand.

"I can carry my bag." Rita said, looking up at him. Scott looked at her and helped her put her book bag on, making sure it didn't hurt her arm. She took his hand again and kissed his hand.

"Thank you." She smiled. He smiled back at her as they entered the school. Scott walked her to her locker where Jude and Isaac were waiting.  Rita let go of Scott's hand and hugged her brother and Isaac.

"Julia called me last night." Jude said, holding up her arm.

"Does it hurt a lot?" Isaac asked, looking at the scars he made then at her upper arm that was wrapped up.

"When I lift something up it does, but it's okay. How are you doing?" Rita asked, opening her locker and looking up at Isaac. Isaac looked down and hugged her.

"I only came to school to see you. I don't think I can handle being here." Isaac said.

"Okay. I know it must be really hard for you." Rita said, letting go of him to look up at him.

"And I think I'm leaving Beacon Hills." Isaac said. Rita looked at him in shock. Her closest school friend was going to leave her.

"I-okay." Rita said, not knowing what else to say.

"I love you, Ri. I always will. You know that." Isaac said.

"I love you too, Isa." Rita said and hugged him once more before watching him leave. Jude gave Scott a look so that he would leave and Scott nodded.

"I'll see you later." Scott said, kissing her forehead. Rita nodded and waved at him before turning to her brother.

"I'm so sorry that I got you hurt." Jude said.

"It's not your fault, Jude." Rita said, closing her locker. Jude put his arm around his sister as they started walking to class. They went into the class and sat down. Jude stared at Allison's seat in front of him.

"I miss her too." Rita said. Jude nodded and gave her a small smile as class started.

- a month later -

"Jude asked you to go to Mexico with his pack?" Rita asked Michelle. Michelle nodded as she stuffed her face with popcorn.

"And you agreed?" Eleanor asked. Michelle nodded again and the girls shook their head. They had heard multiple stories of how much trouble and danger that pack would get into.

"What?! It's winter break, what else was I going to do?" Michelle questioned.

"You could not be in danger of dying for one." Martha said and the girls nodded in agreement. Jude, Scott, Malia, and Stiles came into the house, getting the girl's attention.

"She's not going to die." Jude said, sitting next to Penny.

"Totally. She could get so injured that she'll be near death but she won't die." Stiles said.

"That sounds like the time of your life." Penny said, sarcastically. Michelle nodded and continued eating pop corn.

"Maybe I'll see Jules and Angie." Michelle said.

"They're in Ecuador, stupid." Penny said. Michelle rolled her eyes and brushed her off.

"Either way, we're going up north." Michelle said. All of the teens looked at Michelle, not knowing if she was kidding or not.

"You're kidding right?" Scott asked.

"No. Mexico's north." Michelle said.

"Michelle, Mexico is south." Rita said, pulling up a map on her phone. Michelle's eyes widen and she 'oh'ed quietly.

"Even I knew that." Malia said. Michelle glared at her.

"Well, good for you." Michelle said, crossing her arms. Martha got a text, making her laugh.

"Liam's going to Beacon Hills High." Martha laughed. Rita gasped and left Scott's side to see the text.

"Oh, my poor baby boy." Rita said, dramatically. Scott became jealous of whoever was Rita's 'poor baby boy' was and crossed his arms.

"Dude, I can smell the jealousy from here. Liam is Martha's little brother." Michelle said, exposing Scott's emotions. Rita looked at the wolf with a small smile and went back to his side, grabbing his hand. She waited until no one was looking and lifted his hand to kiss it. Scott smiled at her small action. He loved when she kissed his hand. She would always do it and it was comforting to him.

"So which movie are we watching." Eleanor asked.

"The Conjuring." Jude said, lifting up the cd case. The girls smiled at each other happily. Each of them loved scary movies and Malia seemed to enjoy them too. Scott and Stiles, on they other hand, looked a little uneasy.

"Is the big bad wolf scared?" Rita asked, teasing Scott. Scott nodded embarrassedly, making Rita laugh.

"It's okay, I'll protect you." Rita laughed, putting her arm around him. Scott smiled at her and the two watched Malia tell Stiles the same thing.

"You two are so cute, it's disgusting." Michelle said, looking at Scott and Rita.

"Tell me about it. You should see them at school- sometimes I want to throw up." Malia said. Michelle laughed and moved closer to Malia, knowing they'd be friends.