18

"Don't talk to me, single bitches, I've got a boyfriend now." Rita said as she got into Julia's minivan. Rita was going to be staying at Julia's house and Jude and Scott's while their parents went to New Jersey because of a family emergency. Jude had convinced their parents to let them stay at friend's houses because he knew Rita would be safer in Julia's house than with him, especially since the nogitsune was running around.

"It's about damn time." Eleanor said. Rita turned to flip her off but saw Martha's little brother and gasped loudly.

"Is that my seed, Liam Dunbar?!" Rita asked, loudly. Liam laughed and pushed through the girls to hug her.

"How's my baby bubba." Rita said, hugging him tightly.

"I'm good." Liam smiled.

"How come Martha's dragging you around?" Rita asked, letting him go and fixing his hair.

"He got suspended." Martha said. Rita looked at him, faking an upset expression, but smiled widely.

"My boy." Rita laughed, giving him a high five.

"Of course little miss suspension would be proud." Penny laughed.

"Don't start, you're the one who gave me the edibles." Rita said.

"I didn't know you would start crying in middle of gym!" Penny argued. They started bickering as the others sang along. Rita got a call and she shushed all of them.

"Hello?" Rita said.

"Are you home? I want to see you." Isaac said.

"No, I'm staying at my friend's house for a while. I wish I could see you, though." Rita said, leaning on the window.

"Is she talking to her boyfriend?" Liam asked.

"No, she's talking to her friend." Michelle replied. Rita shushed them and leaned back on the window.

"You're going to school, though? Right?" Isaac asked.

"Of course. My friend is letting me use her car." Rita replied.

"Then maybe we can hang out after school, yeah?" Isaac suggested.

"Yeah. Sounds like a plan." Rita smiled.

"Alright. Well, I'll leave you to it. Have a good night, Ri." Isaac smiled.

"You too, Isa. Bye." Rita said and he hung up. They pulled up to Julia's house and went in.

"You guys really just came to pick me up?" Rita asked as they got ready to leave.

"No, we ate before getting you. You're not that special." Michelle said. The girls and Liam left, leaving Julia and Rita alone.

"Mom's working the night shift so we'll be alone for the night." Julia said. Rita nodded and went to Julia's room.

"Is Rita here?" Julia's sister, Angelica, asked. Rita raised her arms up in excitement and Angelica squealed as she ran to Rita to hug her. The three girls went downstairs to make dinner and ate as they watched some random tv show. Rita couldn't help but worry about Scott. He had texted her earlier, telling her that he had a talk with his dad and she automatically knew that he was upset.

"Call him. You've been stressing since we got here." Julia said. Rita nodded and went to the kitchen to call Scott.

"Hey. What's up?" Scott asked once he answered.

"I just wanted to check up on you. Are you alright?" Rita asked.

"I've been better." Scott sighed, making Rita frown.