3

"Jude, I swear. I can't be covering up for you like this. You disappeared for most of the day- mom was ready to beat the shit out of me because I wouldn't talk." Rita said as they walked to their finance class.

"I know, I'm sorry. I won't do it again." Jude said.

"You better not, I'll fight you, wolfie." Rita said, punching his arm. They entered the classroom and took their seats. Rita took notes of mostly everything coach was saying and didn't really pay attention to her classmates until Scott raised his hand to answer.

"It's risk and reward." Scott said after Coach made a big deal about him participating in class. Rita smiled at Scott's happiness after he got it right and patted his back in praise.

"Good job." She joked. The two smiled at each other until Stiles dropping an xxl condom caught their attention. Rita bit her lip to suppress her laugh and started to scribble in her notebook. She looked up when the class started clapping at the trick Coach did and clapped along.

"Ok, Danny. Risk, reward?" Coach asked, tossing the coin to the lacrosse player.

"What's the reward?" Danny asked, holding up the coin.

"You won't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." Coach said. Rita quickly wrote that there would be a quiz the next day in her planner and continued to watch who would step up.

"It won't be a pop quiz if we know about it, sir." Danny retorted. Coach grumbled and took the coin away from Danny in disappointment.

"I expected more from you, Danny." Coach grumbled, walking past the boy. He stopped at Scott's desk and placed the coin.

"McCall. Risk or Reward?"

"What's the risk?" Scott asked, holding the coin.

"You'll have to take the pop- the quiz and write and essay if you don't make it in. If you do, you won't have to do any of it." Coach replied. Scott stared at the coin intently before looking back up at Coach.

"Isn't that just chance?" Scott questioned.

"No, you know your abilities. So which are you going to choose?" Coach asked, just wanting someone to try. Scott hesitantly put the coin down and Coach took it.

"No, play! Okay, who's next?!" Coach exclaimed. Stiles tapped his desk repeatedly and got up.

"Alright, there you go! Now we have a gambling man, let's go! Step up, Stilinski!" Coach cheered, handing him the coin. Stiles got ready to shoot but the Sheriff opened the door. Sheriff Stilinski glanced at Rita and gave her a nod before turning to his son.

"Stiles." Sheriff said. Stiles stayed in the same position, still preparing himself to shoot.

"Yeah, Coach. I got it." Stiles brushed him off.

"Stiles." Sheriff said again and Stiles looked up. Stiles went out to talk to his dad and Scott tilted his head slightly just like Jude. Rita eyed him suspiciously and continued drawing her notebook. Class ended and the two wolves sped off, Rita trailing behind them.

"You're a wolf, too, Scott?" She mumbled. The two stopped abruptly and turned to face the smaller girl.

"How'd you know?" Scott asked, getting closer to her. Rita stepped back and looked up at him.

"You do the same head tilt thing Jude does when he's trying to listen to something far away." She explained.

"Who knew you paid so much attention to Scott. Contain, yourself, Rita." Jude smirked. He had heard Rita talking to her old friends about how cute Scott and Stiles were but most importantly remembered how she gushed about Scott's eyes. Scott blushed and looked at Rita who was biting her nails.

"Oh, fuck off." Rita said, rolling her eyes and pushing past them.

-

"Rita Avni Singh, if you don't tell me where your brother is this instant I'll take away your make up for five months." Mr. Singh yelled.

"I already told you I don't know, papa. I'll call him right now." Rita said. She pressed Jude's contact and it went straight to voicemail.

"Go to school." Mrs. Singh said.

"But, my make up." Rita said. Her parents gave her a stern look and Rita knew she had to go barefaced to school. Rita went into the car and drove to school angrily. She pulled into a parking space and saw her brother with Stiles and Scott.

"I'm going to fucking murder you, Jude." Rita said, still in the car. Jude and Scott turned their heads towards Rita and saw Rita storming out of her car.

"Shit." Jude mumbled but knew he deserved it. She ran up to him a pulled him to her height by the ear.

"You better at least fucking call the next time you're going to not come home. Do you fucking see my face? I look like a rat. I look like you!" Rita said, tugging on his ear. Jude winced every time she tugged and tried to get her away.

"I'm sorry, Rita." Jude said.

"Sorry isn't going to make me look less like a rat, Anish." Rita mumbled, finally letting go of his ear.

"I'll call next time. I promise." Jude said, putting an arm around her. She pushed him away and glared at him.

"We were trying to save our friends, Rita." Stiles said.

"Listen, I don't want to know about any of your supernatural stuff. I'm sorry and I get that your were trying to do some good but he just needs to let one of our parents know or at least me." Rita said. Scott nodded, understanding where she was coming from.

"We've got to get to class. See you at lunch, yeah?" Stiles said as the bell rang. Rita and Scott watched their best friends run off to their class and they started walking to theirs.

"You don't look like a rat." Scott commented.

"Thanks." Rita laughed. They walked into the classroom to find that they had a substitute. They sat next to each other and looked at the work on the board. Rita wrote it down in her planner and opened her text book.

"Why don't you want to know about our supernatural stuff?" Scott asked.

"I just don't want to get involved into anything dangerous. I don't know how Stiles does it." Rita replied. Scott nodded and turned to the page to make it seem as they were doing work.

"That seems smart but I don't think you can avoid it forever. Your brother is apart of it, you know." Scott said. Rita stopped doodling in her notebook and sighed.

"I know but I want to ignore it until I can't anymore. I just want to keep being a normal high schooler." Rita mumbled. Scott nodded and started to work on the assignment.

"Jude wants that, too. He just keeps getting dragged in." Scott said.

"I know. That's why I try to make him feel as normal as possible." Rita breathed out. Scott recalled the times Jude would talk about all the places Rita would take him to and all the things they would do and how he would never mention one supernatural thing, not even on a full moon. Rita new how to make Jude feel normal and Scott wished he had someone like that.