Chapter Five

Hello Readers!

So sorry I haven't uploaded recently, however my uploads will probably not be regular as I have a ton on (just started a really important school year!)

Be patient with me please!

Love you guys, enjoy!

- Bex. X

*********************************************************************

A whole two months had passed since the kiss, however everything seemed to run as normal.

Amelia woke up, had breakfast, drove to work, worked until 12:30, had a half-an-hour lunch break, worked until 5, went home, had dinner and went to bed.

Her life seemed to run like clockwork unlike the others around her.

Her parents had set off on their around the world cruise to celebrate their anniversary.

Kaitlin had practically moved in with James and they had both said those three words which they seemed to like to flaunt around in Amelia’s face.

James? In love? The very thought made her laugh.

Despite wanting to deny it, Amelia could not hide the obvious chemical attraction between Blake and herself. He took her to dinner every week, kissed her cheek at the door and walked her inside.

They flirted with each other shamelessly at work and he had often observed her at lunch, mulling over her work, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger and eating her sandwich, yet really she was only looking at the picture of him in the company manual.

He presently stood in her office; his tall, muscular frame leant against her bookshelf.

“So the market’s up by about 1.87%, we can match our findings and track the results, thus levelling our profits and losses.”

“Done, done and done. Honestly Blake!”

He chuckled, “How could I forget? We’re dealing with Amelia Crawford here.”

“I need to file some documents and then I can start the set-up on the system.”

“You look absolutely beautiful today.” Blake completely ignored her, taking a long, lustful look over the jade green skirt, matching jacket and white top, which Blake observantly noticed showed the ridge of her bra.

“Thank you.” She noted, taking two purposeful strides over to her filing cabinet, putting away papers that cluttered her otherwise pristine desk.

He found himself at her back, his head resting against her shoulder, one of his fingers playfully twirled a strand of her hair, he buried his face in her neck, smelling the vanilla and chocolate scent that was uniquely hers and made all his blood rush south.

“Blake.” She whispered

“Hmm?”