Chapter 43: Seraph

I was standing outside my car. I didn't dare to get inside with those white devils sleeping there. And across the road, I saw my Black. He looked at me and shook his head. I didn't understand why he did that until I saw him disappear in an alley along with two kids. He did not want me to follow him. Something must have happened knowing he wanted me to go ahead alone when we were at the store. Even though I so wanted to offer my help, I obeyed his command and didn't go after him. Last time I went after him, the demon was pinned down on the ground and my Black was safe and sound.

After about ten minutes, a girl walked towards me. Her age must be about ten years. Her clothes were torn in a few places. Her blond hair was small and messy, and her face was a little dirty. But she still was pretty. If she washed up and get dressed decently, she would definitely look like a princess.

"Miss... Are you... Eve?" The girl spoke very softly. I almost didn't hear her.

"Yeah?"

"Mister is... Mister is calling you... there." She pointed in that direction of that alley with her trembling hands.

Was she talking about my Black? I remembered two kids walked after my Black inside that alley. I didn't know if my Black really sent her because he didn't want me to go after him. But I couldn't take chances. I held her hand and started walking towards the alley without a second thought.

That girl didn't speak anything over the way. Though she was quietly following me, her shaky hand was wet with sweat. The girl was really frightened because of something.

I turned right and saw my Black. He was sitting against the wall in front of me. I don't know why, but he was wearing his long coat. His right leg was bent, and he was holding it tightly. My Black's straight hair was messed up, as if he had gotten in a fight with some bad guys.

Near him was a small boy, lying down on the ground with his face up. I just took a glance at him and I was sure that the boy was a relative of the girl beside me.

And a little farther away from Black were three bodies. Two belonging to men and the last one belonging to a woman. There was this strange air around those people that made me feel uncomfortable. It was unknown whether they were dead or alive. But that woman appeared to be in worse shape. Blood was oozing out of her mouth, and her face was swollen up. A few parts of her clothes were torn.

The girl stood behind me and refused to go forward. I let go of her hand and walked towards Black.

Though my Black was hurt, when he saw me coming towards me, he still smiled as beautifully as ever.

"Are you alright?"

"Help me out." He let go of his leg and presented his hand to me. I held his clean hand and helped him get up.

He placed his hand around my neck next so I could help him walk. I held his waist, and it was then when the smell of blood assaulted my nose. Black was covering up his wounds under his long coat. I was terrified thinking how horrible his injuries must have been that his whole body was reeking of blood. I had thousands of questions in my mind, but I didn't ask him anything. My questions could wait. His injuries needed to be treated first.

"Jeanne... Bring your brother.. and come with me," Black spoke up in a very lethargic manner.

"Let's go," Black said to me and walked. I tried my best to support him.

I helped Black lie down on the backseat of the car. I heard the front door closing up, and I saw Jeanne and her unconscious brother were on the front seat. The front seat was a little crowded with two kids and three cats. So that girl placed the cat over the dashboard. I was glad that no one saw us.