Chapter 34: Pandora's Box

We just stayed there for a while, enjoying the silence of the night.

"I feel so curious about what deed I might have done in the past to gain such favour from you."

He didn't reply. He kept looking at the stars silently. I was hoping to get a hint at least. Sometimes, I regret that I allowed him to keep those things with himself till he's fine with sharing them. At that time, I didn't know that it'll turn out to be this mysterious.

"I want you to meet someone," Black murmured. He then raised his head towards me.

"Okay. And who is it?"

I wondered who he remembered suddenly. I felt a tinge of jealousy that he was thinking about someone else, even though he was with me. Then, I saw a diamond-shaped symbol appeared on his forehead, right at the centre. That strange symbol was emitting light blue light, in contrast to his pale skin.

In the next instant, a tetragonal object started coming out of his glowing skin. It appeared as if two pyramids were joined from their base. That object was emitting blue light, similar to the light of stars from far away. The intensity of light was increasing gradually, but my eyes refused to blink while watching that surreal sight. They were very interested in that mystical object. But my body, instinctively, retreated a bit backwards. That object floated a foot away from his face.

"What... Is this...?"

"This is the Pandora's box. It contains your memories."

Before I could ask him more questions, the blue light dots started coming out of that object. The light from that object dimmed as those dots flew out. The light dots flew around the room as if they were fireflies, and after a short moment, they started to gather in front of me. It was such a breathtaking scene.

The bunch of light dots gathered in the form of a silhouette of a little girl. The blueish light of the particles vanished. That illusory figure was like a statue standing on Black's abdomen. When I looked closely, I realized that that little girl was a beauty. She looked about twelve years old, but I didn't see any childish traits in her expression. Her eyes were closed, but her facial features were out of this world. Her skin was too pale, even paler than my Black's skin. It looked like she didn't have blood, but mercury in her veins. Her white hair was long and straight. A few short strands of her hair fell on her face while other few fell on her shoulder. That girl was wearing something like a silver sundress with beautiful patterns.

The silhouette of that girl was so realistic that it appeared she would just open her eyes and come to life. I would have believed it to be a real human if it wasn't translucent.

I raised my hand to touch her little hand, but my hand just passed through. It felt like I was trying to touch air.

"You can't touch me." A soft girly voice spoke to me, and I was frightened. My heartbeat almost stopped when I realized that the silhouette was speaking back. Ghost? I thought and slowly raised my head to confirm it. I saw that the eyes of the little girl were open and her lips were parted. Her eyes were like mine- Violet. It shocked me. I felt like I was dreaming. I wanted to pinch myself to make sure that it was reality when the girl lowered her head and spoke up again.

"Long time no see."

"It's been a while, Angie," Black replied with a smile.

"How long has it been? Two years? Or three? Did you get bored with me? If I remember correctly, you said forever... You are such a liar!"

That girl said in a slightly loud voice, as if she was throwing a tantrum. Her eyes were open wide as she stared at my Black angrily. She appeared so cute that I abandoned the possibility that she might be a ghost.