forty-one

Chapter 41:
Unexpected Guest

Ophelia

     Stellar was packed as usual. This place was a real hit when it first opened. And it's never really lost its popularity. Which was amazing for the business but horrible for regulars. Always having to wait for seats to become available and what not.

"Hi Ophelia, Mr. Mendes is at the bar waiting for you." Talia, the hostess, told me as I walked in.

I smiled at her, "Thank you Talia."

I shrugged off my coat and folded it in my arms before walking towards the bar. I only seen his back but I couldn't mistake him for someone else. Especially not with the empty chair next to him.

I stopped next to him, "This seat wouldn't happen be taken would it?" I asked grabbing his attention.

Shawn looked at me and had a smirk, "I'm sorry to tell you but it indeed is taken."

I frowned, "Aw well I'm sure your date won't mind if I take it." I said as I put my coat on the back and sat down.

"I don't know she can be quite feisty sometimes. She might take you down." He told me as he continued the joke.

"I'm sure I can handle her." I told him with a confidence.

He rolled his eyes before grabbing my chin and pulling me to him. His lips captured mine, I missed his kisses. It hasn't even been 24 hours since the last kiss we shared. I was a mess.

We pulled away and that's when Max came over, "Hey Lia what can I get you to drink?"

"A water with lemon please." I told him not really wanting to drink knowing I still had to go back to work.

Max nodded and gave me my water before waiting for my food. I decided on a chicken sandwich which was to die for here.

"So how are things at work?" Shawn asked as he ate a fry.

I sighed, "It's work, I've been catching up on meetings I had pushed back. But I mean it's good, can't complain about good business."

Shawn nodded, "Exactly."

"What about you?" I asked.

"Good, my Toronto building has been doing exceptionally well. This one here has been doing good too but I do have tough competition here." He said the last line with a wink.

I smiled, "Sorry for making your job here."

"Don't be sorry, I love a little healthy competition." Shawn said before taking a drink of his water.

"You two make me want to puke." Max told us as he set down my food down in front of me.

I laughed a little before remembering what I know. Max and Cate. More like Max and his feelings for Cate and Cate being totally oblivious. Mostly because she is already in a happy relationship.

"Someone's jealous." Shawn said with amusement.

Max rolled his eyes, "Not jealous."