thirteen

Chapter 13:
Cabo Day One

Ophelia

"What do you mean we weren't first? I literally have the receipt right here!" I said aggravated with the manager of the hotel.

"Yes we know ma'am, but one of our most loyal customers requested the suite. We can refund you or give you a voucher for next time. There are other hotels around we could call and help you get a room. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience." The manager said apologizing and truly looking like he was sorry.

This was unbelievable. I reserved our room, I paid a deposit and yet they're saying they'll refund it? And we still don't have a room. This was ridiculous, if my father was here he'd definitely bring Hell. I always found it embarrassing as a kid when he got mad over what people couldn't control. But this? This was just wrong.

"Lia it's okay, we'll just get the hotel next to this one." Cate said, truly disliking the fact that this is happening but hating the scene that's being caused because of it.

"This is so..." I wanted to say so many things.

"Well we have the pent house, just stay with us." Max offered walking over towards us.

We had just arrived to the hotel twenty minutes ago. The guys checked in first and waited to see us get our key. But clearly that hasn't happened because we didn't have a room. They gave that away.

"No, it's okay we'll go get another hotel." I said with a sigh before pinching the bridge of my nose irritated with this all.

"We have two extra beds, come on. Shawn goes above and beyond with trips when it's not needed. And for once it worked out because now there's room for you guys." Max told me trying to convince me to stay.

"He doesn't want me here, he has made that clear at the airport. Imagine knowing we're sharing the hotel too?" I asked him in a hushed tone so just he heard me.

I looked over at where Shawn was. He sat on the waiting area couch, he was flirting with some other girls who were staying here. I looked back at Max who was staring at them as well.

"Who the hell cares? It's my birthday gift and he can just suck it up or go get another room. Come on, if you go to another hotel we won't be able to spend time in the same hotel." Max told me as he turned to look at me.

I chewed the inside of my cheek a little before sighing, "Fine. But if he becomes a huge unbearable pain in the ass I'm leaving."

"Great," He said happily before turning to the manager, "Please get these girls wrist bands. They'll be staying with us in Mr. Mendes' room." Max informed the manager.

He nodded fast before doing as he was told. The manager then put on the hotel's wrist band on Cate and I. When they were on they gave us another key to the room before we grabbed our bags.

"Hey flirt, come on we're going to the room." Max yelled to Shawn as we walked towards the elevator.

He said something to the girls which made them laugh before he grabbed his suitcase and walked over towards us. He had a grin on his face, not sure why and I'm sure I didn't want to know either. We got into the elevator and max pressed the 10th floor button.