thirty-two

Chapter 32:
Something about a birthday?

Ophelia

    "I don't know Cate, he just invited us. I told him I'd just ask." I told her as I finished drying my hair with a towel.

    "I thought it was going to be a girls weekend." She pouted as she brushed her teeth.

    How we had managed to wake up this morning without a hangover is beyond me. Well I mean I drank the juice Shawn gave me. But cate was too passed out for me to be able to give her some. Yet she woke up fine.

    "And it can be, if you don't want to go I'll just text him and tell him. I just thought I'd ask." I told her as I sat down on my bed.

    Cate went to go rinse her mouth before appearing back in front of the guest bedroom doorway.

    "Where is it going to be?" She asked randomly.

    "Uh his house?" I answered in confusion.

I specifically told her he wanted to do a barbecue. Which naturally means he wants to have something at his house. But I'm sure that flew over my friend's head.

"Oh I kind of really want to see what his house looks like," Cate said to no one in particular. "Okay tell him we will go."

I shook my head at her reasons for breaking the girls only weekend. Just to look at his house and possibly snoop. Such a chismosa. Though I was kind of happy she did say yes, cause now I get to see him before the weekend is up.

I grabbed my phone and sent a text to Shawn telling him we were going. Also if he needed us to bring anything, of course I didn't get a good response. Instead he just said to bring ourselves.

***

    "This is his house?" Cate gawked as I pulled the car up towards the gate of Shawn's driveway.

    I nodded as I pressed the buzzer through the car window. After I sat back down in my seat the gate then opened. I drove the rest of the way in and parked the car.

    "Why does he have such a big house if it's just him?" She questioned.

    I grabbed my bag from the back before looking at her, "Max lives there too."

    "Oh how could I forget Max takes up a whole floor on his own." Cate said sarcastically.

    I shook my head but laughed a little before getting out of the car. I closed the drivers side door when I heard the front door open. Soon I seen Shawn appear from around the corner.

    "For a second I thought you both changed your minds." Shawn said as he shoved his hands in his pockets and smiled over towards us.

"Tempting." Cate told him.

We walked over to him, cate gave him a quick side hug before looking around. Shawn looked at her with a smirk before looking back at me.

"She didn't want to come to be friendly huh?" He asked as I walked closer to him.

"Cate will behave but I do believe her intentions were to get an insight of your life." I told him with a laugh.