twenty-nine

Chapter 29:
Too Fast

Ophelia

    "What about this one?" Cate asked as she pulled off a black dress off the rack.

    I tilted my head to the side, "Hmm are you going for meeting his parents or seducing him?"

    Cate pouted, "Maybe I'll come back to this one later."

I let out a laugh, "Probably best."

We continued to look around for a perfect dress for her to buy. I was looking at dresses but not planning on buying one. Maybe.

"Umm question," I started catching Cate's attention. "How long do you think i should wait before having Shawn meet my parents?"

Cate smiled wide, "Why? Do you already want him to meet them? Are things moving that fast?"

I rolled my eyes, "No we aren't moving fast. I told my parents about him yesterday and they wanted to meet him already."

"Wait, they know?" Cate asked as she grabbed a emerald green dress.

I sat down on a bench by the dressing rooms, "Yeah my mom figured it out. I didn't even try and tell them, she knew."

"Oh, well Jess and I have been dating since last month. And I'm meeting his parents tonight but everyone is different." She told me as she took two dresses into the dressing room.

    "I don't even know why I'm thinking about it. It's way too early." I sighed.

    "Why don't you look for a dress? Maybe a scandalous one." Cate shouted from the other side of the dressing room.

    On lookers looked at me and I felt myself blush, "Gee thanks next we should tell the whole world that."

    My phone then chimed letting me know I received a message. It was from Shawn asking what I was doing in an hour. It was already six thirty, Cate had to get home soon to get ready. I texted him telling him I wasn't going to be busy in twenty minutes.

    "Hey I think I found the right dress." Cate shouted as I sent the message.

    Cate then walked out in a stunning green dress. It made her look radiant.

    "Wow, that is the perfect dress for you." I told her.

    Cate smiled, "Thank you, I'm so nervous."

    She then walked back into the dressing room. I shook my head despite her not being able to see me.

    "There's nothing for you to be nervous about. You are amazing, nice, caring, funny, and everything someone would want for their son. If they can't see that well then they're blind." I told her hoping I could help lessen her nerves.

    "Stop, I love you but I'm going to start crying and I have to meet them soon. I cant go out looking like a total mess." I heard Cate complain from the other side.

    That made me laugh, "Sorry, I just wanted to make you feel better."

    "You did, but now I want to cry. Anyways I'm going to be out in a second." Cate informed me.