twenty-three

Chapter 23:
Tour

Ophelia

Shawn lead me out of the garage and out through the garage. After he closed it behind us he lead me to the front door. They had a green front yard, a nice big willow tree in the front.

"Was if necessary to bring me all the way out just to go through the front door?" I asked shawn as I gave his hands a squeeze.

    Shawn looked down at me as he grabbed his keys from his pocket, "Do you want a proper house tour or not?"

"Oh yes please Mr. tour guide." I joked which just made him shake off his head.

He opened the door and allowed me to walk in first. Right when you walked through there's a nice stair case. Not so grand like the ones you see in the movies but it was smack in the middle. Beside it were openings that lead in both directions, other rooms.

First Shawn showed me to the right of the staircase. The room closest to the door was a study. Shawn had said that when he's alone or it's a day off he tends to work from home. Not even I was that addicted to work. The room next to the study was the living room.

All the furniture was nice and looked new, but knowing Max lived here it was doubtful. There was a huge flat screen tv and speakers all around for surround sound. Of course, I don't know why I didn't think it would look like a movie theater. There was a huge sliding door wall, like the one in Cabo, on the far wall.

He didn't show me the backyard just yet before I was pulled away and showed other rooms. The first room by the door on the left lead to the kitchen, so we didn't go through there. The room on the left by the staircase was the formal dining room. Down the hallway between the kitchen and the formal dining room had three other rooms. One was the garage, another was a laundry room, and the third was a bathroom.

Upstairs contained four other bedrooms and four bathrooms. Each side had two rooms and two bathrooms to go with them. Apparently Max has the big room on the left side of the house and Shawn had the Master bedroom that was on the right. The other two bedrooms were used for guest rooms.

When we were in his bedroom I realized how nice it was. It screamed, I make a lot of money. Well then again this whole house did that. But he had the same flooring and wall color, his furniture were dark wood. The only other color came from his sheets that were a green silk sheets. It reminded me of the dress I bought the night we 'officially' met.

I walked around and looked at all his shelves. They were filled with certificates, books on management, and hockey trophies. Hmm never pictured him as the athletic type. I continued walking until I got to the focal point of the room. The huge window that took up the wall. It showed their backyard which was big and green.

There was green grass and a bunch of green plants making the place look almost like a jungle. A very maintained jungle. Then in the middle was this huge pool, it was like an oasis down there. All I had in my backyard was grass and the plants I had planted and take care of. Nothing like what he had.

"And that's the whole house." Shawn said pulling me from my thoughts.

    I turned around and looked over at him, "It's massive, and it's just you and Max?"