Freeze

Kelly's parents were arguing again. Yelling their heads off and she couldn't take it, she needed a brake. She froze time.

Holly was playing a board game with her little brother, her mom was in the kitchen making lunch. After she moved her game piece she looked to her brother, it was his turn except he wasn't moving. It was as if he was frozen still. Holly waved her hand in front of him, nothing. "Mooom." She called out. She went to the kitchen but mom was froze too. She stood in front of the stove not moving. "Mom?" She poked her.
Holly looked around, everything was still, silent. She looked out the window. Everything outside was still. There was a bird frozen in mid air not flying, just still. A woman backing out of her driveway, completely still. Holly was completely confused.

    Kelly let out a breath of relief. Finally, some piece and quite. She needed to get out of the house. Even though time was frozen and there was no noise there was still negative energy in the house. So she decided to go on a walk. She'll unfreeze time when she gets back, it's not like she'll miss anything.
Kelly was kicking pebbles down the side walk. She definitely needed the fresh air. Kelly felt as if being watched, which was absurd since she froze time and there was no way she could be being watched. Either way she turned to check. Kelly's eyes widened. She could not believe what she was seeing.

Holly was flabbergasted. Everything was still and yet there was a girl walking down the street as if normal, and she was staring right at her.

Kelly was looking right at a girl, a moving girl. Everyone was supposed to be frozen and yet, there she was, moving.
    The girl soon disappeared from the window and ran out the front door. "What are you?" Kelly asked.

    Holly was confused. "I'm Holly."

    "Ok Holly, what are you?" Kelly was becoming impatient, why can't she just answer the question.

    "Do you notice that everything is still?" Holly gestured to the bird in mid air and the lady backing out her driveway.

    "What. are you."

    Holly stood there, confused. "Um-I don't understand the question."

    "How are you not frozen!"

    "How are you!" Holly shouted back, she wasn't appreciating the rudeness.

    "Because I'm the one who froze time!"

    "You what-?" Holly's head was spinning.

Kelly realized Holly had no idea what was going on.

    "Holy shit." Kelly exclaimed as she had a realization.