Once Upon A Time

She liked him, and he had no idea. He was wearing that shirt she got him last Christmas. He wore it so well. "Is that my jacket?"
"Huh?" She looked down pretending she had no idea it was his. "You must've left it." He forgot it at her house a week ago. He left it draped over the couch. "I didn't even realize, I just threw it on." She decided her clothing choices very carefully. It even still had a small scent of his cologne.
"It looks good on you." He smiled, that dimple. That damned dimple. "Better than me. You could pull off anything. I hate that about you." He chuckled.
"Thanks." December was the last time she had him to herself. When the snow started disappearing so did he.
"Hey!" His girlfriend came & gave him a kiss. Six months. It's been six months. He has a girlfriend. So why can't she get over him? She can't erase him. He meant too much.
"Hey Kate, look how good Ambár pulls off my jacket. I could never."
Oh geez. Of corse he's so oblivious to the fact that Kate won't like another girl wearing her boyfriends clothes.
She looked Ambár up and down. "Yes, how cute." She put on a smile but Ambár knew she didn't want to. "I don't remember this sweater is it new?"
"No it's just been at my house for a week." Great. Good idea. Tell her you've been hoarding her boyfriends jackets.
"A week? What an accurate amount of time."
She knows. She knows. How could she not know that Ambár was totally in love with her boyfriend.
"You're so literal Kate. I left it there one time when I was over." So oblivious.
"How do you have time to go over there when you spend all your time with me?"
"I have no idea." Extremely oblivious. "You can keep it Ambár. Kate and I both agree you look great it in."
Oh my god he's going to get Ambár killed.
"The bus is here!" Great subject change. Good job Ambár.
They all a-boarded the bus and went on their way.