That Girl//Steve Rogers

I’m in a little bit of trouble
and I’m in real deep

“Ouch –,“ Steve let out a laugh, leaning to the wall of the Avengers’ training hall. “What has that punching bag ever done to you?”

Y/N turned around, swiping sweat off of her forehead with an arching palm, before flashing a smile to Steve. “Sorry Cap,” she grinned, “didn’t see you there.”

“Working little hard there, don’t you think?” he laughed, nodding towards the bag that was still swinging back and forth after Y/N’s punches.

She let out a laughter, rolling her Y/E/C eyes before taking a draught from her water bottle. “Oh right, I forgot what a princess you are when it comes to training,” she mocked playfully, ripping the velcro tapes of her boxing gloves open, before throwing them in her gym bag. “I’m actually pretty sure I would kick your ass in a blink of an eye.”

From the beginning to the end
she was no more than a friend to me

“Oh, you think so?” Steve laughed, rolling his eyes while laying his hands on his hips.

“Mm-hmm,” Y/N hummed before walking right in front of him, crossing her arms on her chest, smirk on her lips. “I think we should find out.”

“Oh no,” he laughed, shaking his head. “I wouldn’t want to hurt you, doll.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s fair enough,” she sighed, frowning, “or maybe you’re just scared that I’mright. You’ve seen me training, it’s not that easy to hurt me and you know that better than well.” Squinting her eyes, Y/N stepped a little closer to him. “But I do understand, it would be pretty big knock for your ego to lose for a doll like me after all.”

The thought is makin’ me hazy
I think I’d better sit down

“Y/N –,“ Steve sighed, knowing that she was right. She was one of the strongest ones of the Avengers and was indeed able to win easily on a battle.

“Steve,” she imitated his sigh, making him chuckle softly. “Oh come on Cap, just one playful match. That punching bag is really not big of an opponent.”

“Yeah, I’ve noticed that,” he laughed, squinting his eyes then slightly. “Just to give you a chance to develop. You are going to tell me immediately if I’m hurting you, understood?”

“That rule is standing for both of us. I’m not going to go easy on you,” Y/N winked, before turning around on her heels to walk to the middle of the hall, while binding her hair on a tight ponytail. “Coming?” she called out, raising an eyebrow.

Cause like the sweetest serenade
bet she knows she’s got it made with me

“Yeah, yeah,” Steve let out a laughter, jogging after her. “But you promise me that – “

“Oh shut your mouth, Rogers,” she breathed out, taking the starting position. “You are really starting to piss me off.”

“Sorry, darling,” he grinned, before mirroring her movements – raising his hands in front of his face, while leaning his weigh to his hindmost, left feet.

“Ready?” she chuckled, tilting her head, her forehead still slightly glistening from her earlier training session.

“As ready as I –,“ Steve started, yet his sentence got cut short as the girl threw her first punch – one that the blond barely blocked with his hand. “Polite as always,” he laughed sarcastically.

“Ain’t nobody got time for that,” she let out a bubbly laughter, getting ready for Steve’s payback. “Come on, grandpa, show me what you – “