Prologue

*10 years ago*
Mera was born in a small village near the deep Black Forest, which nobody dared to enter. Lots of stories were passed from generation to generation, that warned the villagers about monsters who lived there. On the other side of the forest was situated another village. Both villages knew about the existence of one another, but they rarely communicated.

*Meyra's POV*
After dinner my parents and I went to a walk, as we usually do. Nights were beautiful in our village. Looking at the sky you could see all kinds of constellations that were possible to be seen depending on the season, and moon was always so bright and close.
We loved a peaceful life, we were a normal happy family but, strangely, nobody approached us too much.. As if people feared us. I didn't have friends and all my knowledge was given to me by my parents.

That night everything changed.
While having our usual walk, I saw someone coming in our direction, I thought that it was another villager, what was strange because people rarely went out during night time. But my eyes caught something sparkling in his hands...And of course my parents noticed it too.
I felt my mom grabbing my hand tighter, and my father seemed... Angry?
"Luna, take her and run" My father said giving me a kiss on the forehead.
My mother grabbed me and ran away, following my father's order.
I was scared, I lost sight of my father, and I didn't know were my mom was dragging me.
When I came to my senses, I saw that we stopped in front of a wall of giant trees - The Black Forest.

"Hoshi, listen to me, you are a strong and brave girl, never forget that

"Hoshi, listen to me, you are a strong and brave girl, never forget that. Mama and papa love you and will always love you." She always called me that when she is worried, but I never knew what it meant.
Her eyes were full of sadness and fear, but there was also something else....Hope.
She took something off her neck, it was a pendant. She put it around my neck.

"Don't take it off, ever

"Don't take it off, ever. It will protect you and lead your way out of the forest. On the other side of the forest, there's another village, your grandma lives there. Tell her what happened and she will know what to do."
I was scared. And my eyes were filled with tears.
My mom kissed my forehead and told me to run.

I was only eight years old, alone in that dark forest. I had only one source of light - the pendant. I didn't even care why it was shining, I just wanted to get out of that forest. In the middle of my way to the other side, I heard noises, something cracking, someone or something was coming.
I hid behind a tree and tried to hide the light coming from my pendant with my hands, my legs were shaking and I was trying to control my breath. When the noises went silence I decided to take a short look, I saw a boy. He was around my age, maybe a little bit older.
He was coming in my direction. I was very curious why was a boy alone in the forest? So I decided to come out.
"Who is there?" His voice was calm but cautious.
"I'm just a girl, I mean no harm." I raised my hands coming from behind the tree, my pendant stopped shining.
"You know it's dangerous to be here alone?" He asked me, meaning to warn me.
"Well, same goes for you. I just want to reach the other side." My fear turned into relieve.
"I live here" He stated.
'How could someone live here?' I thought to myself, but decided to leave that question, to not offend my new 'friend'.
"Then you could help me" I said instead and smiled.
"Only if you tell me your name." The boy answered, and I swear I could see a little smirk on his face, even though it was too dark to see anything.
It was a strange request, but I decided to just go with it.
"I'm Meyra, and you?"
"You're already asking too much, Meyra. Shall we go, or do you want to stay here?" He said now with a serious expression.
'What a meany' I thought.
Sighing, I followed him.

I don't know how long we've been walking but we finally reached the other side.
I was stunned by that view: A garden of Sakuras blossoming. It was beautiful and breathtaking.

I noticed that the sun was already raising and had the chance to take a glance of the boy's features

I noticed that the sun was already raising and had the chance to take a glance of the boy's features. He had a beautiful messy black hair and his eyes were something between grey and black, a strange color.
I stepped a forward.
"Thank-" When I turned around, that beautiful boy had already disapeared in the woods.
"-you".

I found my grandma's house as the pendant guided me. When she opened the door her face went white, she knew there was only one reason for me to be there.
I was worried when I saw her, what if she was like that Granny aka wolf... But as soon as she saw my worried expression she gave me a soft smile and told me come inside.
I entered and told her about everything what happened.